Phantom 2 second gen controller - Training port on bottom?

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a small jack on the bottom of my P2 2nd gen (type 2?) controller. Is this for a training port connection? I have something similar on my Spectrum DX6i R/C transmitter which connects with the Horizon Hobby Phoenix Flight software suite. Anyone have any idea of what and how and what it works with?

I noticed that there is a small jack on the bottom of my P2 2nd gen (type 2?) controller. Is this for a training port connection? I have something similar on my Spectrum DX6i R/C transmitter which connects with the Horizon Hobby Phoenix Flight software suite. Anyone have any idea of what and how and what it works with?

It's used to connect a flight simulator on your computer.

Is the Flight simulator generic, such as Phoenix (which I have), or unique to DJI? I see that the Phoenix simulator has the DJI birds supported, though I'm currently bound with my Spektrum DX6i at the moment. Guess I should try. Thanks Jason!

Well, after Jason's advice that the connector is a training port I took the brave move to connect it up with the adaptor that comes with the Phoenix 5.0 Flight Simulator package installed on my desktop PC. Sure enough, the P2 v.2 controller is recognized and functional, even the gimbal control channel. I bought the Phoenix bundle with the Spektrum DX6i transmitter for a couple of largish fixed-wing park model electric foamies that I bought. Playing with the simulator now for about an hour or so, I've managed to lunch about $1,000,000 worth of planes. Fortunately, they aren't mine! Gotta get this controller stick thing down! My P2? Not a problem, but that delta wing or the whirly birds? Getting expensive in a virtual way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1