Phantom 2 rotating uncontrolled (turning)

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 would just not want to face the direction I want it to. It would just turn uncontrolled. No filming possible like that. I did calibrate the compass numerous times, did a full calibration of the copter as well. Nothing helped. What is wrong with my Phantom? Any ideas?

Don't know what you may mean by full calibration... Have you recently calibrated the remote controller and then calibrated that to the quad?

You may have a slight offset which is a constant input to the system as though you were pushing on a stick slightly continuously.

I mean the IMU calibration. The stick calibration doesn't do the trick either.

The rotation goes randomly to any direction. Sometimes when I let the copter face a direction it chooses itself, it stays for a while. But then when I move some distance, it turns again to another direction.

Are you on Phantom or NAZA mode? If you have enabled NAZA+IOC, then chances that the phantom could be in IOC Course/Home Lock flight mode. Make sure both switches are in the up position before take off.
What are the colours flashing on the back arms?

Another issue could be the faulty S2 toggle switch intermittently switching modes without you knowing. Plug into phantom assist or the RC12 and check the switches and make sure they register 1000/0/-1000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.