Phantom 2 Red Lights issue after crash

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've bought a new phantom 2 and after a few days of testing in the air I had a nice crash. After that the origina intelligent battery jumped out of the copter and smashed... so I bought a new one and another ESC, since one of the leds had broken.

After that, I bought an HD-3D gimbal and the go pro, so I've replaced the ESC with a new one ant the battery to.

The problem I'm having right now is that once it's fully charged, I start flying and at just 5 minutes it start's falshing fast red lights and starts to descend and two minutes after the battery is dead. The battery indicates 3 green leds so I don't know what's happening. After the crash, when the copter was reaching low battery it started to flash slow red lights, and after that, fast red lights. Now, there's no slow red lights. The other thing that calls my attention is that it fully charges in maybe 20 or 30 minutes and I guess before the crash, it took maybe 1 hour to fully charge.

Please, help!

Thanks!

I had a battery that started landing after 5 min out of the blue. Like yours it still showed 3 green leds, and charging was about as short as yours. New battery worked fine. I took old battery apart in hopes of modifying to enable carrying outside batteries for the heck of it when not filming. I found one of the cells practically dead, so I don't know if that was the problem or if the smart cap was malfunctioning and not taking care of that cell. anyway for what its worth, and theres not many places I haven't crash so don't feel bad

It could be a low cell, or some resistance introduced when you replaced the ESC (or from the crash). After it lands, what do the cell voltages read if you immediately hook the phantom up to assistant?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20