Phantom 2 problems

Reaction score
Hi guys

New to this site so hope this is where I can ask some questions,
I have had my Phantom 2 for two days now and thinking I might have a $1000 paper weight now.

Problem I am having is -

I have updated the firmware, calibrated IMU etc... done compass cal and everything else I could see to do. When I turn the phantom on and the tx as well I get a slow flashing yellow light which I understand indicated it is ok to fly with out GPS, when I go to turn the motors on with the transmitter by pulling diagonal downwards as instructions state, I get a quick red flash on the Phantom unit and it keeps flashing slow yellow.

I am at my wits end and just can not for the life of me get the thing to start up. Am guessing it is software related somewhere along the line but no idea how to tackle it. Is it possible to roll back to factory settings and start fresh?

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated as DJI seem to not be getting back to me

Thanks!

Sounds like the calibration is out. Plug your P2 back into the Assistant software and calibrate the sticks, switches and tilt switch. Then try again.

Is there any reason you are trying to start up before it locks on to GPS?

When you plug the Phantom into the Phantom Assistant software, what mode does it say it is in? Should be GPS and it should say Phantom 2 in the top right corner. Have you checked the calibration of your controls and switches?

I have actually calibrated it over and over and tested after each time but with no luck. I cant seem to find anyone else who has had the same problem of a quick red flash on the P2 when attempting to start it up.

I am still assuming it is software related as on first start up before attempting to fly I got a green GPS lock but it all seems to have gone down hill after updating to latest software versions.

Is there a way to roll back to factory drivers and update software?

Surely it is user error and this thing isn't this difficult to get flying...well I hope its just user error!

Thanks guys

- It is just this quick red flash when moving the tc sticks to start up position that is the problem I am assuming. As you guys say it seems to be a calibration issue but Im not sure what else to calibrate. Hoping I can reset it all somehow but DJI support pages don't seem to help much

Have you checked your joystick calibration?

Go into the RC assistant and calibrate them.

Then go into the Phantom assistant and calibrate in there as well.

In the Phantom assistant, do you get a popup message box in the bottom right about things being out of tollerance (I can't remember the exact words on the popup)

IMHO, the throttle joystick gets completely out of range after firmware updates etc, and I've had to recalibrate a few times in order to get the joysticks back into usable ranges.

The other thing you could try is re-linking your RC Tx to the Phantom.

On the middle bottom of the phantom 2 is a Green or Red LED, i.e its 2 colour in one and also a button.
If that LED is red, the Phatom can't see the RC Tx.
If its solid green it is linked, but it doesnt do any harm to press it in and re-link.

Guys thank you so much for all your suggestions, I am new to the Phantom so it is hugely appreciated!

This makes no sense at all, I tested the Phantom before I went out this evening and it would not start at all...I come home 4 hours later and she fires up immediately on first attempt??

The battery was on 3 bars earlier and now it is fully charged, that is the only difference. Could this have been responsible? I just cant work out how testing it in the exact same position, with nothing else changed except the time of the night could be responsible for it suddenly working?

Not sure if this means anything but every time I hooked the Phantom up to the computer it says "Not DJI intelligent battery" or words to that effect...am wondering if this is perhaps the problem? could it be falsely be thinking the battery is almost dead and not wanting to fly?

I am too paranoid to even attempt to go into the Phantom manager now in case it decides to die on me again

noobanon said:
Guys thank you so much for all your suggestions, I am new to the Phantom so it is hugely appreciated!

This makes no sense at all, I tested the Phantom before I went out this evening and it would not start at all...I come home 4 hours later and she fires up immediately on first attempt??

The battery was on 3 bars earlier and now it is fully charged, that is the only difference. Could this have been responsible? I just cant work out how testing it in the exact same position, with nothing else changed except the time of the night could be responsible for it suddenly working?

Not sure if this means anything but every time I hooked the Phantom up to the computer it says "Not DJI intelligent battery" or words to that effect...am wondering if this is perhaps the problem? could it be falsely be thinking the battery is almost dead and not wanting to fly?

I am too paranoid to even attempt to go into the Phantom manager now in case it decides to die on me again

Ok. Now we're getting somewhere. It may be a battery issue. First check the contact pins on the battery connector in the butt of the Phantom. You should have two small pins below the primary power spades. Those should be clean, straight and spring back when you push them. Check the pads they connect to on the battery and finally, when you put the battery in make sure it is securely seated all the way so that the lower pins are aligned and making good contact.

If you still get the battery error in the assistant software, you probably have a bad battery. Don't fly with it! Contact DJI for a replacement.

Sounds to me like it's time to contact DJI. If nothing else, just chat with them about the issue and get their take.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Just took the Phantom for its first flight! can confirm the flashing red was due to the battery not being pushed 100% in all the way, must have detected it somehow.

The GPS issue was resolved by opening the shell, cleaning the contacts of the connectors.

What an awesome machine it is to fly!

Thanks for your help folks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik