Phantom (2) PRO

Reaction score
Hopefully the rumours will soon be true?!!

Quoted from dronefly.com:

"Latest Update 29/10 – Great News! Acquired some information about the DJI Phantom Pro from Trent at Dronefly.com. The DJI Phantom 2 Pro will have the same design and battery specification as the DJI Phantom 2 Vision. It should come with a gimbal pre-installed ready for a GoPro camera."

Finally I'm not locked in to 30fps!!! Can't wait to use my GoPro on a (Phantom Vision type) Quad!! Roll on 50fps & 100fps :)

Awesome........BUT, have you guys seen the price of an extra battery? More than $150!!
That's approx. 50 minutes of flight time with the one that will come in the box and one extra. I would rather spend the $150 on 6 standard batteries @ $25 a piece for the same 50 minutes of flight time (8 minutes per battery) AND to be able to allow the motors a cool down between flights.

As cool as the new phantom may be, there are many options. I"ll be looking at some American technology developed in California and built in Mexico. Pretty nice tech at competitive prices. http://3drobotics.com

Check out 3drobotics, interesting.

If it includes the zenmuse, then I think the $1199 price will also be for this machine.

A few months after launch down to $999

I have some new info... I got this from a source within DJI:

DJI will be releasing a Gimbal for the 'Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera' at the end of december.
And the Phantom 2 PRO will come around january sometime.

This is exciting News.... :)

I dont know if the new Gimbal is for the Phantom 1 or just for the Phantom 2 Pro, time will tell I guess.

I have heard mixed reviews about the BMPCC used on a quadcopter, but I love the Pictures/footage it can produce. Its a pity it does not have 60p mode though.

So maybe in january we will have a release of the Phantom 2 PRO! :)

Quadman65 said:

DJI will be releasing a Gimbal for the 'Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera' at the end of december.

I dont know if the new Gimbal is for the Phantom 1 or just for the Phantom 2 Pro, time will tell I guess.

Well the BMPCC is 350+ grams just by itself, even before the weight of the gimbal is added, so I doubt it would work with the original Phantom, and even the Vision might be a stretch.

OI Photography said:
Quadman65 said:

Well the BMPCC is 350+ grams just by itself, even before the weight of the gimbal is added, so I doubt it would work with the original Phantom, and even the Vision might be a stretch.

yah.. at 350g, you'd need an extra strength gimbal as well, (a 70g GoPro requires a 150g gimbal), ..might be more than even an F550 could handle smoothly.

A beefed up Phantom… that still carries a GoPro… is not much of an advancement for me. I've had great results with the original Phantom / Zenmuse combo… but, the GoPro has it limitations. For serious photography, at some point, you have to get a better camera up in the air. I would love to see a stronger version of the Phantom with the ability to carry something like a Sony RX100 on a stabilizing gimbal… with an FPV screen incorporated into the controller… with everything fitting into a carry-on size case. Now we are in Draganfly territory! I would buy one in a heartbeat!

The new E600 motor systems won't fit on a phantom but the new E300 systems will. I am curious to know if they may make their way onto the Phantom 2 or even a version 1.1 of the Vision. That would be nice.

If the phantom pro takes Hero's video out and pipes it to DJI's smartphone app for some FPV + telemetry action, then I'm sold.

cczx14r said:
Awesome........BUT, have you guys seen the price of an extra battery? More than $150!!
That's approx. 50 minutes of flight time with the one that will come in the box and one extra. I would rather spend the $150 on 6 standard batteries @ $25 a piece for the same 50 minutes of flight time (8 minutes per battery) AND to be able to allow the motors a cool down between flights.

Those batteries cost a lot but I think the idea is a good one. I'd rather have less batteries to maintain, less the change for flights, and more flight time per charge etc. I think the general consumer wants that as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.