Phantom 2 Poor altitude control in a hover

Reaction score
I have uploaded a YouTube video of my problem at: http://youtu.be/1aEWisiLN3s

This Phantom 2 is my 4th Phantom. This particular one has been back to DJI for repairs twice - the last time for the altitude control problem demonstrated in this video. DJI says this is operating correctly, but I don't think so. My previous Phantoms have all been much, much more stable in a hover. Please take a look at the video and see what you think. Is this operating normally? If not, what could be the cause and the corrective measure?

Thanks very much,

Doug

motobob said:
Doug: I think you made the video "private" on You Tube. Bob

Yep, that is what I see.

I have to ask: Did you need all of the Phantoms for a business or did you have problems with each one and returned them?

The YouTube vid just hadn't finished uploading . Please try again. I have had 4 because I've been flying them since they came out and have been upgrading since.

dougvg said:
I have uploaded a YouTube video of my problem at: http://youtu.be/1aEWisiLN3s

This Phantom 2 is my 4th Phantom. This particular one has been back to DJI for repairs twice - the last time for the altitude control problem demonstrated in this video. DJI says this is operating correctly, but I don't think so. My previous Phantoms have all been much, much more stable in a hover. Please take a look at the video and see what you think. Is this operating normally? If not, what could be the cause and the corrective measure?

Thanks very much,

Doug

Doug your video really doesn't tell anyone much like:
1) What mode you flying in GPS or ATTI?
2) How many satellites?
3) Was it phantom or naza mode?
4) Did you do a complete re-calibration when it was returned?
5) What were the IMU compass read outs?
All these question help fill in the blanks and any opinions you get here are just that opinions which do not help in solving the problem you are having.

Thanks,

The Phantom 2 was in NAZA mode, and it had been recalibrated (both IMU and compass) after being returned from DJI. I was flying in GPS mode and the compass had been recalibrated (no metal near it, no cell phones) just before the flight. I have since switched to Phantom mode to see if that made a difference. Again, after switching, I recalibrated the IMU and the compass and flew - got exactly the same behavior. I alsways wait until I get solid green lights (all satellites acquired) before I fly. The IMU compass readouts are: X: -53 Y: 45 Z: 222 MOD: 1208.4

Yeah... That's a lot more movement than I see on mine... Maybe your barometer is faulty?

Sorry, I didn't mean the lights were solid - I meant that I get only green lights -- flashing green lights.

na that dont look to be within in normal drifting range. does it do this every place you fly? and also does it do it if you are higher up then that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers