Phantom 2 plus motor stopped

Reaction score
Motor in my phantom 2 has stopped after a grass take off and roll over .

It won't start up so I changed the motor but still no go

Should I change the motor card

I presume you checked all the solder joints even the ESC wires to the main board? You maybe had a suspect wobbly joint there somewhere hanging on by a thread that the tip over may have given a critical nudge. I have never heard of a tip over trashing an ESC.

IrishSights said:
I presume you checked all the solder joints even the ESC wires to the main board? You maybe had a suspect wobbly joint there somewhere hanging on by a thread that the tip over may have given a critical nudge. I have never heard of a tip over trashing an ESC.
Happened to me on my second flight after landing on uneven ground :(

IrishSights said:
Ya i have gone all over the joints

I have just ordered the 2312 motor CW for a replacement and I have just ordered the ESC card and i noticed its a V@ do i have to change all the cards to V2

Hughie said:
IrishSights said:
Did you have to replace the ESC card??

Kiwi68 said:
Hughie said:

Yes. I also performed resistance / shortcircuit tests on the motor and that looked OK so I kept it and soldered it up to the new (v2.1) ESC.

Hughie said:
Kiwi68 said:
Hughie said:

Yes. I also performed resistance / shortcircuit tests on the motor and that looked OK so I kept it and soldered it up to the new (v2.1) ESC.

Thanks

Hughie said:
IrishSights said:

Thee's another topic in "General" about hand catching. Here's a prime example of why you want to hand catch. Sooner or later, you'll tip it over when landing on the ground. It's just a matter of time. The damage you can do to your motors and ESCs can make those cool looking ground landings a bit expensive... :shock:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Hughie said:
IrishSights said:

Thee's another topic in "General" about hand catching. Here's a prime example of why you want to hand catch. Sooner or later, you'll tip it over when landing on the ground. It's just a matter of time. The damage you can do to your motors and ESCs can make those cool looking ground landings a bit expensive... :shock:

-slinger
Yes it can get expensive
This was my fith flight so still a learner but enjoying the challenge. But yes need to master the hand catch ASAP

WHEN DID U GUYS BUY YOUR PHANTOM SINCE I VE NOTICED THAT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR PHANTOM BEFORE DECEMBER ARE HAVING THIS PROBS. PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT IT DECEMBER ONWARDS DON'T HAVE THIS ISSUE

Eltrochaphantom said:
WHEN DID U GUYS BUY YOUR PHANTOM SINCE I VE NOTICED THAT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR PHANTOM BEFORE DECEMBER ARE HAVING THIS PROBS. PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT IT DECEMBER ONWARDS DON'T HAVE THIS ISSUE

If you are saying that the new ESCs dont suffer from this. . .Not true.

I VE seen people who DON'T have nothing inscripted on their white stickers in the ESC. They are having probs whereas the ones who have the v2.0 on the white sticker don't have a problem

Remember on the white sticker not on the PCB board next to the capacitor

Eltrochaphantom said:
I VE seen people who DON'T have nothing inscripted on their white stickers in the ESC. They are having probs whereas the ones who have the v2.0 on the white sticker don't have a problem
Having problems answering this. Forgive me. You emphasised DONT, but do you mean
"dont have nothing inscripted"
or
"dont have anything inscripted"

I think you mean the latter, but the two questions may have different answers.

My mistake. Don't have anything inscripted.

The autocorrector sometimes puts the words in caps

Okay now u confused me! Loooool

I meant:

Don't have anything inscripted

I had a problem with a V2.0 ESC which did not have V2.0 written on it. A tip over took the ESC out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4