Phantom 2 (non vision) Won't Power Up

Reaction score
When powering up phantom it beeps ones and then shuts down.

Searched this board for solutions, few people had same thing but no solutions were posted.

Unit is basically brand new. I got it yesterday and flew today 3 times with no crashes. When tried to power up for 4th time it would nt work. Plz help

Is it the new version controller that locks in the down position ? you only get a few seconds after powering up the motors to move the
lever to the middle or it will power them back down.

Something has shorted internally. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29408

The best option is to send it back. No crashes and 3 flights or not, it's far too new to have that kind of issue and be your problem.

Try this it worked for me ,I had the same problem.Take the battery out of the Phantom Push the buttons like you are turning on the Phantom.On the second push hold the button in and watch for the button to blink. Let it blink about 10 times.Put it back and try to turn on the phantom.I did this about 3 times before it worked.I do not know why I did it, but it worked.I have BionX electric bicycle kit.The batteries in them are 800.00 each. They are super smart batteries. And you have to out smart them sometimes I think these Phantom Batteries have a reset in them. Maybe not.Try it what do you have to lose.

thanks for the tip, tried it, but with no luck :( Getting with touch with the official dealer now from who I bought the unit

when i shake the phantom gently you can hear that something is loose inside, ticking back and forth. Maybe something came off?

Unless you're comfortable taking it apart, and then most likely having to take the soldering iron to it in there, just send it back.

Depends on how good your dealer is. If they have sold more than just the one that you bought, then I'm sure they have had others returned before. If they don't want to have anything to do with it, then you get to jump thru DJI hoops or bite the bullet and get someone else to look at it.

Problem solved.

I successfully turned on the Phantom 2.

Issue was that when I was trying to power it up, the battery would shut off itself, but before it did that, a motor made a click.

So I opened the thing up, disconected the ESC board which was fried and phantom 2 started up without it. Now phantom left arms blicks yellow - proly cuz an esc board is missing.

anyhow I bought new esc board and the motor. Wondering thou of whether the short occured in the ESC board or the motor? Tried plugging the motor to 7 volt battery and it wont spin.

So maybe the motor?

Any ideas?

The motors don't work that way. The ESC board is more likely to fail than a motor, they do as well but typically show as stuttering or not working at all. A short like you had is typically a bad ESC as the FETs on it fry and that just connects Battery voltage straight to ground.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28252

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers