Phantom 2 (Non vision) more reliable than P2 Vision?

Reaction score
Ok so I've been looking at getting the new Phantom 2 (Non vision), however the amount of stories I see of problems/flyaways on the P2 Vision puts me off somewhat - is the Non vision likely to suffer the same problems do you think?

I have several dozen flights without a single problem. Even at -5 degrees.

There are just as many problems with other versions but you need to keep in mind that the more tech that gets put into each new version, the possibility of more things that could go wrong.

Why avoid the new Zenmuse? Are you talking about the one made for the Phantom 2?

And they are………………?[/quote]

Tilt and video out in the Zenmuse...[/quote]

So what is the problem with the current one???

Come to think of it my tilt seems a bit jerky but I haven't adjusted it with the software yet.

GhostMaster said:
Tilt and video out in the Zenmuse...

Could you be any more cryptic !!! ???

What is wrong with the tilt? Too slow, too fast, not enough, too much, stuttering, none leveling, what?

What is wrong with the video out? Fails, black and white, delayed, burns up the camera?

Do you have any references to or for the problems?

See Rcgroups zenmuse thread.

Yes the 1.6 firmware , the tilt is too fast.

About the vídeo out it shows some lines, the recording is the GoPro is fine.

I have about 60 min of video with that gimble and the GP3+ I will say the tilt is a little shaky, but nothing you cant work with.

I have over 30 hours of flying time logged so far on my Phantom 2 Vision with no problems even at -15 degrees below zero. I will break that record on Monday morning 01-06-2014 when it's expected to be -27 below and wind chill of -51.

I have flown mine in 18 Mph winds as well, but it's not a good way to get crisp clean video.

Right out of the box, no firmware upgrades either. Broke two blades from minor crashes at first but still on my OEM blades. Still waiting for my balanced carbon fiber blades and some extras.

Q

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj