Phantom 2 no Vision RC controller sticks positions

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
a savvy usage of both sticks while Phantom is in flight is to move them just in NS or EW pattern (say with ypur thumbs you move stichs horizontally or vertically). You can move them contemporary for a combined action.
Let us focus now on the left stick (Mode 2). Can I safely move it in NW direction? and how far? Theoretically this should cause e combine movement of rising up and yawl (rotation on the vertical axis "z") of our creature. The more I diagonally moove, the faster the combined movement occours. Is this operating way safe? The same is regarding the right stick. Moving it in a NE direction shoud cause a combined forward and rightside moovement (diagonal). Finaly, what happens if I use this "no hortogonal" moovement on both sticks simultaneously?
The true reason of mi question is: what hapens if I moove one of the stick towards SE direction? And what if I perform the unfamous V action? It wil stop probably the engines with an horrible crash.
So, for safety reasons, I could decide to move sitcks only in "hortogonal" say + cross pattern...

By the way, is there another way to stop engines avoidng the V CSC (?) unfamous maneuvre?

Last edited:
Not sure I completely understand?

But as long as you DO NOT perform a CSC in flight ( like you START your motors ( both sticks DOWN and IN ) ) your motors WILL NOT SHUT OFF in flight!
I use BOTH sticks constantly while flying, all directions, just NOT CSC.

Even if you are coming down from high distance, you can pull the left stick down ( all the way down )( mode 2 ) until it lands, motors will not shut off until craft has landed, and then still it takes a second or 2 before the motors will turn off ( once landed )!

Go have fun my friend,
These crafts are amazing, and fun, just enjoy it, and try no to read the horror stories out there!
For every horror story, or failed flight, there are SEVERAL, successful and uneventful flights!
( people only like to share the bad stuff, for some reason? ) you hardly ever see, ( I had another great flight today, and all is well! ) hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Wanted to add: unless there is a system or motor failure, ( user error is the culprit , most of the time )
Your craft should never crash!

Thank you for your answer J Dot. You mean that I could also smootly rotate for example my left stick keeping it all the way externally bended observing what happens with the Phantom with no bad results? The same for the right stick? (n.1)

Yes,
As long as you never go BOTH sticks down and twords the middle while in flight!
Also do not use it to turn motors OFF when you land ( instead pull LEFT stick DOWN and HOLD, until motors turn off ) or craft might flip over on you, and has happened to several members and fliers in the past

I only use it to turn motors off, in an EXTREME situation ( like crash, or bird flips upside-down, etc. emergency situations ! )

Hope this helps
These crafts use Compass, GPS, gyros, accelerometer, Barometer, and some with visual positioning systems, to stay STABLE, it would take a LOT to try to crash it with sticks, unless you HIT something ( tree limb, fence post, your wife:rolleyes:,
Lol )

You'll find they are unlike ANYTHING you've flown before, and pretty much fly themselves!
If you ever find yourself in trouble ( outta control situation, or lose sight and lose orientation ) just let both sticks go, craft will come to a stop and just hover In one spot! Honestly it would be pretty hard to mess up, without interference of some kind, or system failure of some sort?

Just enjoy, my friend
They are a blast to fly, and if you have a camera attatched, some really cool pics/vid can be taken!
Ever seen your house and property from 400' up?

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl