Phantom 2 next version wish list ....

Reaction score
I will rate the Phantom2 ( Not vision ) zenmuse to a 9.5 out of 10 .. its nearly perfect ....

I wish only for 2 minor things in the future ....

1. smoother camera up/down tilt maybe a small mechanical bearing in the tilt level
2. the ability to make the tx sticks to hold in slow speed forward position ( i was thinking of seting the phantom to
fly and record in a straight line cource while i follow it with my car or my atv ) and be able to regain control any time ..

What is your wish list for phantom2 ver 2 ?

I can't comment on the tilt issue, but the Tx can be modified to not return to centre on a particular channel, tho if you leave the Tx still for longer than 10 seconds+ it will trigger a Return To Home.

I have a vision 2.... and would like the following:
-be able to save the gps track and altitude on the smartphone and or the camera SD card
-be able to rotate very slowly for pan video

1. A dial on the front of the controller for the gimbal or a 3 position switch that would set it at 0, 45, and 90 degrees. I hate the little slider on the back.
2. A switch on the controller to reduce the sensitivity of the sticks for slower/smoother maneuvers.
3. When in Home Lock, the Phantom holds heading based on the home position versus it's true heading at the time of engagement.

Don't get me wrong, I love my P2. But anything can be improved on.

Do you have a V1 ? If so do you like the V2 better ?
What kind of flight times with the zenmuse ?

750r said:
Do you have a V1 ? If so do you like the V2 better ?
What kind of flight times with the zenmuse ?

Yes I have a V1 and V2 they are incomparable I love v2 I got 19 minutes with zenmuse and light wind ... I love it .... and fpv is so easy
now with the cables ..... I am hooked to it ...

Although just got it today and haven't flown yet....

Increase the wire gauge of the four conductor cable and make it longer. Seems too small a gauge, if I wanted to add an LED headlight. Do miss that balance cable of the P1 batteries for accessory connections.

Less expensive batteries. Although, do love not messing with the P1 style of battery connection.

Change lens cover on LEDs on back arms. Something a bit more visible for we old folks. Folks have started modifying them to make them more visible to compensate for losing the one-eye LED.

Driffill said:
I can't comment on the tilt issue, but the Tx can be modified to not return to centre on a particular channel, tho if you leave the Tx still for longer than 10 seconds+ it will trigger a Return To Home.

Noob question, note in this video Colin doesn't touch transmitter for more than 10 seconds. The Phantom does not RTH, is that because it is "home"?? Assuming Colin set that spot as home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsp-w7361dQ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20