Phantom 2 new model ( non vision ) confused

Reaction score
Hi
I am thinking of buying a Phantom 2 (non vision) the new model with upgraded props and esc. and the new remote
But I am a Little confused, Does it use 2.4ghz remote ? and if so, why do DJI then sell the Datalink for that version, Datalink runs on 2.4ghz to ?
And they sell the zenmuse for gopro , go pro runs wireless on 2.4ghz on there hero 4 .

hmm I always thought that you should not combine 2.4ghz with another 2.4ghz gadget , duo to flyaways.

So please inform me what the he.. is going on LOL

Daffydk

hi,
the answer is no. datalink cummunicates via bluetooth. and you have to turn off your gopro's wifi due to both controller and camera runs 2.4 ghz. you need a transmitter on drone and a receiver on ground. check other messages on this forum

Datalink runs on 2.4ghz , thats for sure, yes it communicates with ipad on BT but the data it sents is 2.4ghz from the phantom to the GS

And that is why i dont understand why Phantom 2 new model is on 2.4ghz remote

It's not just the "new model" Phantom 2 that is on 2.4GHz. All Phantom 2's are (the Vision & Vision+ only use 5.8GHz control because of the Wifi camera).

I'm not entirely sure why the datalink works. Probably because it is also sending valid and planned control signals to the aircraft when it's in use, and not just random noise on 2.4GHz, which causes the flyaways.

harryb said:
It's not just the "new model" Phantom 2 that is on 2.4GHz. All Phantom 2's are (the Vision & Vision+ only use 5.8GHz control because of the Wifi camera).

I'm not entirely sure why the datalink works. Probably because it is also sending valid and planned control signals to the aircraft when it's in use, and not just random noise on 2.4GHz, which causes the flyaways.

On pretty much most Phantom's the control link (commands to the aircraft) run at 2.4GHz. The reason is the improved range over 5.8GHz. If you also need a DATA link, it would have to be at another frequency or managed within a specific device designed to do so (e.g. a LightBridge, which has both data (video, ios) and control over 2.4GHz). To avoid interference it is recommended to avoid mixing data and control frequencies except in special cases, like the LB.

Most FPV setups use 2.4GHz for control and 5.8GHz for data transmission. Never try to use the GoPro camera for your data link since it may interfere with control signals.

Nobody knows exactly what causes flyaways although the general consensus is that the vast majority are caused by pilot error in not properly configuring the bird for takeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1