Phantom 2 Lost Deep In The Woods Found By FlyTrex Live 3G

Reaction score
Amazing Recovery Of Lost Phantom: This is a long story, But one if you don't have a tracking device on your equipment, you need to read and watch. Wish I could make it shorter, but not possible. If you don't want to read or watch all of it, just jump to the end and get this Tracking Device, You will be as glad as I am should something happen, or if you just want to share flight info live.

The strange part is I just did a review for the Flytrex Live 3G a few weeks back, never thinking something like this would happen in the way it did. And where it landed was the worst possible location, not to mention a bit dangerous. You can see my original review here:
but make sure you check out the link at the bottom. The Search.

The first link will take you to where I tell you what happened and the second will be the search. But please take the time click Show More and read what I wrote. Also there is a link to save some money should you want the same system. Grandpa Jake

http://youtu.be/kXA0Cf42Z90

https://youtu.be/lSyCSyZAqRY

The VPS telemetry and other tracking is great as long as it's within range of the antennas but if something falls outside of their range you're SOL so by using the Flytrex live 3G there are no limits as long as there is cellular service. trust me I've used telemetry other trackers and by far this is the best. Also really cool if you want to watch other people flying throughout the world or have a friend watching your flight. Bottom line everybody has to make their own decision but I still have my equipment because of this

Marco polo will work well too.
no celluar hookup needed.
nothing to pay ether

Last edited:
Interesting, I am going to check this out and see the distance and weight. But the video looked good. For now I am sticking with this as it not only gives me live flight information, I can call my brother who is 800 miles away and tell him to watch my flight. Even better when I start my Flytrex it will message him letting him know I am about to fly. Still I keep looking for all solutions that will work. Areas of dense woods or lack of cellular could sure be a great option for Marco polo. Do you know what the range is?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj