Phantom 2 led light kit

Reaction score
So I finally got my Phantom 2 w/ 3 axis gimbal and an led light kit. I love it! only problem, there are no instructions for installing the light strips. Anybody know how to install it? It has plugs so I should not have to open it up to install it.

What kind of plug is on the light strip? And what kind of gimbal (DJI or other)?

The P2 has a power output cable, but it doesn't have a connector on it from the factory, and it's intended for use with FPV gear so depending on what gimbal you have it may already be in use.

Andym said:
H3-d3 gimbal and the power connection for the gopro just broke. :(

Might want to give more detail than that. Did you say the gimbal broke, or just the cable?

If it's just the cable, then this is what you need - and yes you will need to open the body to replace it.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=2668

I've opened up a few Phantoms and from XP, there is no access to power on the outside of the Phantom in the form of a CAN-bus port. In other words, your after market Christmas Tree lights won't just plug into the leg of your Phantom, you're going to need to open her up. I do remember seeing LED strands available for the F550 and Phantom v1, but that's because there is easy access to where the battery connects to your vehicle and they can add splicing leads to your LEDs for quick connect. Phantom 2 bodies are pretty buttoned up unless you get the spec sheet for the CAN-Bus and make your own plug.

Opening the body will give you access, but I wouldn't do it if you're new at fussing around with the guts of these things. Might be safer to use your LED string to decorate your computer monitor instead of your Phantom.

As an alternative, can you add a small external battery to the body of your Phantom? Some of those LED strings work with 9V rehcargeables. Maybe even a small LIPO.

Try a few different things and let us know how you make out.

Good luck

The gimbal is fine. The plug broke off when I was unplugging the gopro. I will try to post a picture of what the kit looks like.

For some reason, i can't attach the photo, I'm getting a media size error

here it is.....

Attachments

• IMG_0001_2.jpg
    IMG_0001_2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 628

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member