Phantom 2 Just Won't Go Up!!

Reaction score
So I just got a phantom 2.

My second phantom.

I'm fairly experienced so I know this is not normal.

I took my phantom 2 for a few test flights.. Everything seemed normal.

Then yesterday I did the same and the phantom would not stay in the 10 m radius for hover.

Then I started moving it and it just started decending and hit the ground.

GPS mode was flipped up, I had a home lock... Green lights flashing.

Battery was at 100%. both switches on the controls were flipped up.

I did a compass calibration successfully.

So I swapped out batteries for another at full charge.

It went up 3-4 feet then without me telling it to, just came straight down.

Not the controlled decent like the self landing when it does a down, stop, down, stop, but straight down and hit the ground.

Stock props... H3 3d gimball and go pro.

Nothing else on it.

Tries a IMU re calibration successfully.

Still happens.

Please help

Thx!

Tx is transmitter.... could be its batteries too or aerial ...try calibrating first you need to open it to get at the USB socket...

Sent from the thing that does everything.

Its a phantom 2, the usb port should be on the outside at the bottom of controller. Connect CONTROLLER to computer and run the rc assistant software (not the phantom assistant software). Calibrate in there. Then connect PHANTOM to computer, run phantom assistant software and recalibrate everything again in there.

It might not be your problem of course but start there.

So I connected my p2 to thec computer and fired up the RC control software and see the calibration button, but my sticks are not showing up on the screen like they do in the P2 software.

Also when I hit the calibration button, it does nothing... There is an instruction on the left of the screen that says to hit the next button but there is no such button on screen.

I'm still not sure this is related... As my sticks work just fine... Took the P2 out for another flight yesterday... It seemsed to work fine for 2-3 mins, up, down, left, right... Then the decent started and I tried going up and it was unresponsive and came straight down. Luckily I caught it.

You do not connect the P2 to the RC system assistant, you connect the Transmitter/controller. There should be a illuminated green light and a blinking blue light. If you don't see them then the s/w is not seeing the controller.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj