Phantom 2 just tips over about 1 in 5 take offs

Reaction score
I've been flying quads for a few years so I know we need to get out out of ground effect quick to keep it from recirculating it's own prop wash.

I can have flawless lift offs then for no reason that I know of, do the wake up and as soon as I touch the throttle I can see it's going over to the rear.

Can kill it fast enough before it's shredding the lawn

Very cautious about setup, compass recal. advanced calibration on a level surface etc

Any ideas I can try folks?

I'll give hammer it on take off a try, but mind you I have probably lifted off a few hundred times with Naza M lite on my 800 and Crius on my 650

A couple of days ago I was about to film a friends property and asked him to stand behind me, telling him it can have a mind of it's own, shore nuff, as all props spooled up and gave it quick throttle to get it off the ground, it just rolled backwards and he said "OMG what happened"

I felt as it was going over to the rear, if I had given it throttle rather than trying to kill it, it would have flown right at us :shock:

Navman said:
I've been flying quads for a few years so I know we need to get out out of ground effect quick to keep it from recirculating it's own prop wash.

I can have flawless lift offs then for no reason that I know of, do the wake up and as soon as I touch the throttle I can see it's going over to the rear.

Can kill it fast enough before it's shredding the lawn

Very cautious about setup, compass recal. advanced calibration on a level surface etc

Any ideas I can try folks?

Calibrate your sticks...

Phantom is quite "dumbed down" compared to regular NAZA even in ATTI or GPS mode. Full throttle on Phantom barely compares to full throttle on my other set-ups, all with NAZA, some V1 and some V2...

PUNCH IT!

Navman said:
I'll give hammer it on take off a try, but mind you I have probably lifted off a few hundred times with Naza M lite on my 800 and Crius on my 650

A couple of days ago I was about to film a friends property and asked him to stand behind me, telling him it can have a mind of it's own, shore nuff, as all props spooled up and gave it quick throttle to get it off the ground, it just rolled backwards and he said "OMG what happened"

I felt as it was going over to the rear, if I had given it throttle rather than trying to kill it, it would have flown right at us :shock:

Well, went thru 4 batteries at the field today, no tip over's
Once the P2 just began to spool up, I laid the pedal to the metal
Thanks guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20