phantom 2 fried my motors

Reaction score
I have been flying a 3s robotics solo for a while and went back to phantom. Got it out of the pack started it up...motors don't spin but shake. Look up issue on my phone and it's because I didn't install the prop guards and screws killed the motors. F ing bad design.

Oh well...it's done... now gotta find new motors or just get new or used phantom 3. How easy is it to put in new motors? Looks like $90 will get me a set. Is it worth doing it?

I have been flying a 3s robotics solo for a while and went back to phantom. Got it out of the pack started it up...motors don't spin but shake. Look up issue on my phone and it's because I didn't install the prop guards and screws killed the motors. F ing bad design.

Oh well...it's done... now gotta find new motors or just get new or used phantom 3. How easy is it to put in new motors? Looks like $90 will get me a set. Is it worth doing it?
I have not split a Phantom 3 case yet. I have split a few Phantom 2 cases.. From my understanding there is a few safety tags on the Phantom 3's. same amount of screws should be 16 screws. the motor has the 4 screw and 3 wired that will need to be unsolder-ed and re-soldered. DJI uses a high tin % in their solder, going to need a good soldering gun. You just have to watch where the 3 wires go. Depending on if it's ccw or cw.
Good Luck

Thanks - I saw a video where to put in new motors he just spliced the wires and then soldered the connection and wrapped there. May go that route. But thanks for the info about the high tin.

Thanks - I saw a video where to put in new motors he just spliced the wires and then soldered the connection and wrapped there. May go that route. But thanks for the info about the high tin.
I just leave my iron on the solder a little longer. splicing the wires interesting there is not to much room.
GOOD LUCK.

This was what I saw - seemed simple enough thought I havent even ordered the motors yet. Where does everyone order new parts from?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I shop around just make sure it's the same motor. there is allot that look the same but may have different rpm, amp pull and I for get what model motors they are 2312 maybe was your a Standard or pro or advanced?

I have a Phantom vision 2 plus nothing fancy- saw some on ebay that looked like they will work going to replace all 4 for simplicity.

I have a Phantom vision 2 plus nothing fancy- saw some on ebay that looked like they will work going to replace all 4 for simplicity.
Great Drone I have one. I fly it more than my P3a. While you have the case open you may want to replace the antenna's. two or four of them. I just replaced the wifi antenna's on my P2v+ and set it up so I can put what ever type I what on it. I have dipole now. and get a wind surfer for the R/C antenna. I've pushed mine out to 12000 ft. well 11901.

Got new motors and bit the bullet and did the install myself. Started the drone late last night and it started fine no issues motors sounded really nice. Is there anything else I need to do? Update the apps or...IDK. Trying to figure if I bring it to Iceland next week but not sure yet. I only have the one battery and no car charger so seems like a lot of time with it in the car. Thanks for the advice.

do an IMU calibration it's in the DJI Phantom vision asst. program. Do it right after you start the drone it need to be cool.

Anytime you add, remove, or relocate metallic items in/on the aircraft you should cal the compass. While the motors maybe OEM replacements it's not a bad idea. This is coming from someone who has only cal-ed the P2s compass 3 times in 2 years.

:p

So tried doing an advanced calibration....got a warning it was too hot. Took it out anyway and flew - seemed ok. Not quite sure because there was drift and it was windy.
This morning tried advanced calibration again - too hot - tried it 3 different times and finally just let it go it seemed to finish calibrating after the error message so... IDK. I did read lots of people put it in freezer or fridge to cool it but then read lots of people saying never do that because of condensation. It is hot here but in the 50's this morning.

But my take away is DJI does not seem to be making quality products. This is buggy at best. Why do we need so many cludges? I do say this after flying a 3DR Solo for a while which while I dont like the go-pro or any of that aspect I do like the flying experience and the company has been really responsive when I talk to them. IDK just my 2 c.

Usually when the pop up about to hot comes up I click OK and let it finish, I believe it's a bug in the software that DJI never fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic