Phantom 2 fpv with smartphone/tablet

Reaction score
Hello!Has anyone used a smartphone or tablet for fpv?I saw recently an adaptor for android devices with av input.Instead using a monitor you can connect your android device with your RX,but I dont know if there is video lag with this setup.

I've seen numerous posts that say you cannot use smartphones/tablets with the Phantom 2 because both devices (smartphone and P2) use the same frequencies (2.4g) and will interfere with each other.

Basically, the smartphone will cause you to lose control of your Phantom 2.

I have experienced this personally. But, I was lucky... I would fly with my gopro transmitting to my smartphone and take off. The P2 would fly about 100ft and then go to failsafe and return to the launch point. I had not yet joined this site, nor had I done any google searches on this phenomenon, so I was lucky that in my case the drone didn't fly away or crash to the ground!!

Hello Bob,Yes I know about the problem with 2,4 and wifi,but I mean using a 5,8 ghz fpv setup and instead of a monitor use a tablet with a/v input adaptor

Ah :) sorry for the misunderstanding. Now that you mention that, I do recall seeing something like that. I don't know if there would be lag though. Hopefully someone else will have experience with it and can answer your question.

Hello kenjancef!I found on the net an adaptor to connect with cable the 5,8 ghz receiver with your phone tablet no wifi or 2,4 ghz

I dont know if there is video lag,because with our monitors we dont have this problem.

Attachments

• 1452531087937.jpg
    1452531087937.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 732

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.