Phantom 2 FPV Setup Help

Reaction score
Hi sorry for this question I know it's been asked before in the forums I've read many different things about this already but I'm trying to be sure I'm getting the right stuff before I invest money into a setup. I'm new to flying I received a phantom 2 for Christmas this year along with the gimbal h3-3D and I'm using a GoPro 3+. I've read because of the wifi issue from the GoPro that it cannot be seen fpv with an iPhone so a different monitor must be used. I've read decent reviews about the flysight bundle from dronesmadeeasy.com that comes with the black pearl monitor, cloverleaf antenna, and video transmitter. Along with that I would also be buying the iosd. My question is, is there anything else that I need to purchase to be able to view my GoPro fpv on a monitor while in flight and also are there any other "bundle" type kits that I can buy like the one I mentioned. Any help is appreciated.

Hi sorry for this question I know it's been asked before in the forums I've read many different things about this already but I'm trying to be sure I'm getting the right stuff before I invest money into a setup. I'm new to flying I received a phantom 2 for Christmas this year along with the gimbal h3-3D and I'm using a GoPro 3+. I've read because of the wifi issue from the GoPro that it cannot be seen fpv with an iPhone so a different monitor must be used. I've read decent reviews about the flysight bundle from dronesmadeeasy.com that comes with the black pearl monitor, cloverleaf antenna, and video transmitter. Along with that I would also be buying the iosd. My question is, is there anything else that I need to purchase to be able to view my GoPro fpv on a monitor while in flight and also are there any other "bundle" type kits that I can buy like the one I mentioned. Any help is appreciated.

Yes a plug n play cable to connect from the cam socket to the iOSD and transmitter that way there no soldering.

Hi,

I've had my DJI 2 days now and haven't flown it yet :)

I'm just after a "sanity check" as I'm feeling like a bit of an old sponge right now (cant absorb anymore). I've just bought a P2 V2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D Brushless Gimbal, with a GoPro Hero 3 White mounted in it.

Now I want to do FPV (not the glasses, just on a screen. Like I have on my Parrot Bebop) so my shopping list so far consists of:

• DJI AVL58 FPV Video DownLink System 5.8 ghz
  • DJI iOSD Mini DJI-1065
  • DJI Innovations Phantom 2 FPV Cable & Hub
  • Rave DJI Monitor Mount
  • Black Pearl 7" Diversity LCD FPV Monitor 5.8Ghz
Q1. Do I have everything I need to see where I'm going and get telemetry back?
Q2. Do I really need a DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Anti-Interference Reinforcement Board (Part No.44)?
Q3. Am I just totally nuts and the is an easier way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Flash

Hi,

I'm just after a "sanity check" as I'm feeling like a bit of an old sponge right now (cant absorb anymore). I've just bought a P2 V2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D Brushless Gimbal, with a GoPro Hero 3 White mounted in it.

Now I want to do FPV (not the glasses, just on a screen. Like I have on my Parrot Bebop) so my shopping list so far consists of:

• DJI iOSD Mini DJI-1065
  • Rave DJI Monitor Mount
Q2. Do I really need a DJI Zenmuse H3-3D Anti-Interference Reinforcement Board (Part No.44)?

Thanks in advance

Flash
Your post has literally nothing to do with mine as you have the phantom v2 not too sure why you posted here for info.

Flash

Yes. The phantom 3 standard is on sale for 499 USD. The advanced is 799. One of those will be better and easier to use then your setup, and getting the standard might even cost less. If you want to stick with your P2, go ahead, but I would recommend selling it and buying a P3. If you like your p2, your shopping list looked good to me.

Yes. The phantom 3 standard is on sale for 499 USD. The advanced is 799. One of those will be better and easier to use then your setup, and getting the standard might even cost less. If you want to stick with your P2, go ahead, but I would recommend selling it and buying a P3. If you like your p2, your shopping list looked good to me.
What advantages would I have purchasing a p3 over the p2 with GoPro setup? I've read decent things about both of them and I get that it would probably make more sense to just get a p3..only thing stopping me is that the p2 was a gift and don't want to look like an a*shole telling the person I received it from that they could have bought a better one.

What advantages would I have purchasing a p3 over the p2 with GoPro setup? I've read decent things about both of them and I get that it would probably make more sense to just get a p3..only thing stopping me is that the p2 was a gift and don't want to look like an a*shole telling the person I received it from that they could have bought a better one.
Ok I understand that. Advantages the p3 has over the p2 are that the advanced and pro versions have height sensors for indoor flight, the advanced and pro have digital video transmission built in, advanced and pro have GLONASS and GPS. Even the standard is better due to the ability to view and change camera and rc settings from the app.

Ok I understand that. Advantages the p3 has over the p2 are that the advanced and pro versions have height sensors for indoor flight, the advanced and pro have digital video transmission built in, advanced and pro have GLONASS and GPS. Even the standard is better due to the ability to view and change camera and rc settings from the app.
So do you think it would be possible to sell my p2 and gimbal for a decent price because it sounds like it's not even worth investing in the whole fpv setup for $300+ for the p2

So do you think it would be possible to sell my p2 and gimbal for a decent price because it sounds like it's not even worth investing in the whole fpv setup for $300+ for the p2
Yeah, try the classifieds here or craigslist or ebay. whichever you prefer

There a few things that kandelin16 isn't mentioning or doesn't know about the Phantom 3's. Like damaging an ESC due to crash out of pocket cost is $400 bucks. cracks in the shell under the motors mounts and the new geo fence for the P3's that dji is working on. So all i'll say think it over before making up your mind. Read this article and how it will affect P3's and Inspire's in the future.
DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System

There a few things that kandelin16 isn't mentioning or doesn't know about the Phantom 3's. Like damaging an ESC due to crash out of pocket cost is $400 bucks. cracks in the shell under the motors mounts and the new geo fence for the P3's that dji is working on. So all i'll say think it over before making up your mind. Read this article and how it will affect P3's and Inspire's in the future.
DJI Launches Public Beta of New Geofencing System

He asked for advantages. In response to your first two statements, damage is a risk with any product, especially one that spends its time in the air. And as far as geofencing goes, I'm not going to let paranoia over dji trying to abide by United States laws make me buy an inferior product.

Hi,

• DJI iOSD Mini DJI-1065
  • Rave DJI Monitor Mount

Thanks in advance

Flash

When I first started in this back 2014 I used the AVL58 but not the DJI Hub instead i hardwired the system. Later on in a quest to cut weight I changed over to an immersion TX and plug n play cable to wire up the complete system. There are three popular FPV equipment manufacturers they are boscam, immersion and flysight to choose from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik