Phantom 2 flyaway?

Reaction score
I recently bought a phantom 2 v2.0 and took it on its maiden flight yesterday. I calibrated the compass and made sure firmware was up to date. I flew it for awhile then landed it and took it off again. I then flew it until the battery was at 1 green led and tried to land it. The props were about to shut off when it launched up out of control into a tree. The prop and prop guard broke. But I flew it again and it's fine. I was flying in gps mode. What caused the flyaway and what do I do if it does this again? Would switching into Atti or Manuel mode prevent or stop a flyaway?

I recently bought a phantom 2 v2.0 and took it on its maiden flight yesterday. I calibrated the compass and made sure firmware was up to date. I flew it for awhile then landed it and took it off again. I then flew it until the battery was at 1 green led and tried to land it. The props were about to shut off when it launched up out of control into a tree. The prop and prop guard broke. But I flew it again and it's fine. I was flying in gps mode. What caused the flyaway and what do I do if it does this again? Would switching into Atti or Manuel mode prevent or stop a flyaway?

First off that wasn't a flyaway but it does sound more like pilot error. Sound more like RTH (return to home)when the battery reaches critical low and more then likely you have the go home checked boxed in the P2 assistant software. I would suggest that you sit down and read the user manual again.

First off that wasn't a flyaway but it does sound more like pilot error. Sound more like RTH (return to home)when the battery reaches critical low and more then likely you have the go home checked boxed. I would suggest that you sit down and read the user manual again.
Thanks I just unchecked the return to home box before reading this and also enabled naza mode

Thanks I just unchecked the return to home box before reading this and also enabled naza mode

The next thing to do is increase the failsafe altitude to at least 36 meter as mature trees are a bit taller then 20m (60') and hopefully you'll be in a clear area when using it. Trees love quadcopters it's their favorite food!!

The next thing to do is increase the failsafe altitude to at least 36 meter as mature trees are a bit taller then 20m (60') and hopefully you'll be in a clear area when using it. Trees love quadcopters it's their favorite food!!
I know but I guess it's the trees revenge because we cut down a tree right by it last week. Lol

MuskrathonMML: It is your RTH from critical battery usually at 10-20% See Lesson Learned video to see what happens when you use too much battery. This could have been disastrous, but it did what it was supposed to do!

MuskrathonMML: It is your RTH from critical battery usually at 10-20% See Lesson Learned video to see what happens when you use too much battery. This could have been disastrous, but it did what it was supposed to do!

What happened to the OP is a common rookie mistake and RTH was not a very good idea to begin with. It would have been better to have landed where it was when the battery reached 15% instead as RTH in this case was under some trees.

Thanks. Everyone. I turned off RTH and set it to just land where it is. I know this is a bad idea around water but where I am there isn't much water around and it is just flat land

Thanks. Everyone. I turned off RTH and set it to just land where it is. I know this is a bad idea around water but where I am there isn't much water around and it is just flat land

Are you using a FPV system??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl