Phantom 2 Flyaway

caution with not choosing auto go home on low battery.

So if you are out on the water and get a low battery warning the phantom will not go home, instead it will start to land... in the water.

Did you know that you can shut off the motors by quickly tilting the Phantom to a 45 degree angle?
If you are catching by hand and can't reach the transmitter, this can be useful.

crash1sttime said:
hang on a minute, i may be wrong, but that is for failsafe, ie return to home, were talking about auto land on low battery, im not sure you can over ride it.?

I may be wrong but it would be pointless having a feature to lower the height of the craft at low power if it can be over ridden.

Not really. if its auto landing at a power station you may want to regain control... i think the auto land feature are for people that also don't know how to tie their shoes without velcro, tying requires some common sense and awareness of what your doing.. Scenario: if your gonna fly way beyond the limit of your battery after we have warned you twice visually, we are going to politely attempt to land your phantom before it becomes a brick falling from the sky..

I need some clarification on auto land on low battery, someone posted that when auto land activates you can enable it to go home as well. I don't believe anywhere in naza assistant can on low battery alert it will go home and land.. can you?

mendezl said:

So if you are out on the water and get a low battery warning the phantom will not go home, instead it will start to land... in the water.

Now people we gotta get two different understanding of the different threshold.

LOW LEVEL AND CRITICAL LEVEL

When phantom battery hits 30% then it will blink red slowly. When it hits this threshold you have the option (in the assistant) for it to go home and land or if unchecked continue flying.

ONLY UNTIL it reaches 15% or 8% (can't remember) which will hit the second threshold aka CRITICAL BATTERY WARNING. At this point irrespectivly of where it is it will start to autoland (this can not be switched off, HOWEVER u can still control it a little bit by putting up the throttle but it will still descend slowly)

There is a third threshold which uses 10.6V of the battery which will also trigger autoland.

Eltrochaphantom said:
mendezl said:

Now people we gotta get two different understanding of the different threshold.

LOW LEVEL AND CRITICAL LEVEL

When phantom battery hits 30% then it will blink red slowly. When it hits this threshold you have the option (in the assistant) for it to go home and land or if unchecked continue flying.

ONLY UNTIL it reaches 15% or 8% (can't remember) which will hit the second threshold aka CRITICAL BATTERY WARNING. At this point irrespectivly of where it is it will start to autoland (this can not be switched off, HOWEVER u can still control it a little bit by putting up the throttle but it will still descend slowly)

There is a third threshold which uses 10.6V of the battery which will also trigger autoland.

thank you for explanation.....

I saw a video in the video forum by a guy whose flying 3km out to an oil rig on a stock tx and rx phantom and hits i wan a say 10% battery level on the flight back and still flys it in to land.

I never want an auto land at 15% id say more like 10% should and can i adjust that setting in naza?

jason said:
I'll bet you learnt an important lesson. Now go into the assistant software an shut off the go home feature.

Jason please teach me something here. If the "go home" mode is turned off and you were to loose sight, or controller dies for some strange reason how would you ever retreive it?

Thanks,

Jeffro

Go Home still functions as Fail Safe with a loss of radio control signal (like a controller being shut off).

It's the low battery option to Go Home that Jason is referring to.

mendezl said:

That why there is an option. Flying over water is a risk you take whether or not you use that option. So live with your choice.

jason said:
mendezl said:

That why there is an option. Flying over water is a risk you take whether or not you use that option. So live with your choice.

yea... it's called "watch your battery level and get back over land before the battery gets near the auto-land level". pretty simple imo :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers