Phantom 2 flies over Australias tallest building

Nice video ;)

Well he's over 11 miles from the airport.
The "law" states he needs to keep it under 120 metres within 3 miles of any airport or helipad and I'm guessing there's quite a few of those dotted around Surfers.
But I'm sure he could argue that any helicopter getting that close to the Q1 would be a pretty high danger risk rather than a Phantom.
Awesome anyway, maybe we'll get some groundswell like America...

Although he got some incredible video, he took some incredible chances. With the % of failures especially RF interference, that could've been disaster in the making had that hit or come down from those heights in a populated area. Then to post it publicly - I'll bet he's going to get a visit from authorities.

UrAwFuL said:
Awesome video!

And I guess that's another +1 to the negative drone news. :?
In fairness its a great wicked video but helicopters fly by here all the time, its also a no fly zone that has laws governing this and the ******* put his face in the video. Darwin award heading his way along with a good old day out in court ;)
Some people in some countries need to think before they open thrir mouth, never mind fly

GMANNZ said:
People in Australia like here in NZ aren't as paranoid or uptight as most other countries around the world ..... this to me is a non event.

Umm....I guess some people in Australia are 'paranoid' and 'uptight'. Didn't you see this on the first page of this thread? He's definitely in a bit of trouble now.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/video/wat ... %2F1xyb858

That was a pretty cool video. I lived in Surfers Paradise many years ago and it is a wonderful place. I shot pool with Coolio at the Crazy Horse and did some memorable surfing there. Which makes me think. Man, it would really suck if that bird would have fallen out of the sky and killed someone! J

It is pretty cool looking, and he may be innocent. Its not like someone has evidence with a video of it...... :roll:

No harm, no foul. Fairly interesting video. I think that the worry warts from the government side all need to see their doctors about doubling the dosage of their Valium prescriptions.

I read somewhere he was a tourist from America or something so he's probably long gone now.
Expect overreactions to come hard and fast on the lead up to G20 in November.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20