Phantom 2 Error in Start Motors

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Phantom 2 (non-Vision). I went through all the steps to make my 1st flight and cannot get motors to start. I have updated software on Phantom and Calibrated controller.
The error I am getting
Going through the entire Start up process.
1. When going to start the motors i have Green lights on Phantom.
2. When I pull Stick down and to the corner, I get 2 Red light Flashes. I try again and get 2 Red Lights each time. The motors do not start.
3. I have not made any flights with Phantom at this time. I have not been able to start motors
4. I have gone through this Quick start guide process at least 10 times and end with the same results. 2 red flashes when trying to start motors with no success.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I purchase an additional battery.

I have tried with both batteries and the result is the same. Two Red Flashes when trying to start motors.

I have tried all the combination to start the motors with the same result. I have no airports within the 5 mile radius. I was having issue before the firmware update. I updated hoping it would take care of the issue it did not.
Thanks for the suggestions for fixing the problem. Keep them coming. One will eventually work I am sure.

In your original post you said you had never had a chance to fly as you could not get the motors to start.What problems were you having beforehand?

I had no problems with the Phantom up until I try to start the motors. I have never been able to start the motors.

I know this is not the best answer,but I suggest you take it back to your supplier,either that or find someone close to you with more experience to double check the quad.Where do you stay?

Maybe one of the controller sticks reversed (by mistake) in the assistant software?

westray said:
I know this is not the best answer,but I suggest you take it back to your supplier,either that or find someone close to you with more experience to double check the quad.Where do you stay?

I am in Atlanta and if i do not get a fix today I will take it back to the shop i purchased to have them look at it.

I had motor running problems too. This is a post I posted else where. It drove me crazy and trouble shot the motors not starting for over twelve house. It was cause by the wrong mode number activated during an RC calibration which caused the speed lever to be switched with one of the other levers on my RC.

Other post:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. I can't believe something that was undocumented in any manual anywhere seems to have been a problem I fought for almost 12 hours. I could shoot the documentation staff at DJI. In the RC Assistant software when doing a calibration on the transmitter, there is a place to choose mode 1 or mode 2. If you go through the calibration with the wrong mode chosen the led on the transmitter will turn green and you will no longer be able to start the motors. I need to go back through the calibration a couple times but I swear that id needed to be in one mode for firmware 3.04 and a different mode for firmware 3.06. At any rate I got the motor working and my red light back.

Bluegrass said:
I had motor running problems too. This is a post I posted else where. It drove me crazy and trouble shot the motors not starting for over twelve house. It was cause by the wrong mode number activated during an RC calibration which caused the speed lever to be switched with one of the other levers on my RC.

Other post:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. I can't believe something that was undocumented in any manual anywhere seems to have been a problem I fought for almost 12 hours. I could shoot the documentation staff at DJI. In the RC Assistant software when doing a calibration on the transmitter, there is a place to choose mode 1 or mode 2. If you go through the calibration with the wrong mode chosen the led on the transmitter will turn green and you will no longer be able to start the motors. I need to go back through the calibration a couple times but I swear that id needed to be in one mode for firmware 3.04 and a different mode for firmware 3.06. At any rate I got the motor working and my red light back.

Hi, I think I got in the same issue with you. After calibrate the RC. The light turn to yellow.
It looks like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kixgLVDaegA
Then, I turn the phantom on and the cannot start the motor as well. I think I did click on Mode 1 & Mode 2 several times when I calibrated.

I tried to calibrate again & again with Mode 2. But it is still yellow light. So how can I fix that?
My phantom 2 is at firmware 3.6.

Please email me: [email protected]. I really need your help

Thanks a lot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl