Phantom 2 did not respond in flight !!!

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is a wired one, before my last flight 2 days ago it happend, but i wasnt sure about it, now on my last flight it happend agein, and yes, it didnt respond to my right sick ( left and right ) movement ..... it was like 40 - 50 meters high and another 30 mtrs distance. I move the sicks left and right and nothing ..... i really dont remember if the fowrd and back got response ... i try to get control agein this time trying to descent and it did respond, .... after that my left and right commands did work on the craft.
I was flying in an open area, at the beach, defenetley no chances at all of interferance ...... ( attached images or the area )
Any idea anyone ??

Attachments

• G0010026.JPG
    G0010026.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 516
Hi Birdu2,
I do not see any aspects in your story that I revognise as a clue that helps to understand what might be the reason for that strange behavior.
Some questions though:
Can you tell us what mode you were flying in at the time?
What were the lights of the bird telling you?
Did you get any messages or warnings on your app at the time.
Any previous crashes or hard landing just before your last two flights.

aartsf said:
]What were the lights of the bird telling you?
Did you get any messanges or warnings on your app at the time.
he's non-Vision so wouldn't of got any messages, only the lights might of gave a clue if he was watching them

Hi guys, this thing happend just in a random way, in the middle of the flight, in gps, and didnt last very long ( the non response ), i did switch to ATT, the truth is everything last no more then 5 sec, and only 2 times, 1 on each flight. The Phantom never flyaway, and the left controller stick did have effect on the flight response. I didnt have a crash before that. The phantom just didnt wanna move to the left or to the right, it just stay in the place, really wired, .. and scary do ..... And yes, im not on a vision, im on Phantom 2.

Could you by any chance have reached the height or distance limits set in your software? If you reach the distance limit set your Phantom will not move forward which is a strange experience if you never have encountered it. Either bringing it back toward you or changing to ATTI should get out of that. Is that by any chance what happened? I'm just guessing because I have experienced this.

Maybe a recallibration of you sticks might prevent futures event as you experienced. If you do that, first do the recallibration in the RCsw and than once again in the Assistant -sw.

Thank you guys, ill re calibrate the RC and do some flights to c whats going on. I was only 40-50 mts high and 30 mts dist My limits are set to 400 Mts hight and 1500 diameter.
Ill kee you posted ! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31