Phantom 2 crosses the Atlantic

Reaction score
"Phantom 2 crosses the Atlantic". Now wouldn't that be some big marketing hype for DJI? A post I made about the new mystery central board update fixing its random go home to China bug made me think about the Atlantic Crossing.

How it could be done? Well one way would be do make a long tether wire running down to a boat which would keep the Phantom continually powered for the duration of the trip. Does anyone think the Phantom would be able to make such an excursion under those conditions? Or if not the tether then maybe have it land for a quick battery swap vs a continuous flight run. Either way it would be an Atlantic crossing and show what kind of quality (if any) goes into the production of DJIs RTF copters.

DJI Phantom flies home to Shenzhen... News at eleven...

Boozshey said:
Probably have to tether it, if not it would just fly away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol, yep you're probably right. You'd probably want to use ground station for control, but hopefully you wont hit any no fly zones or it will auto land itself :shock: :p Though I doubt that would happen in the middle of the ocean :p

Would you not think it would rain at some stage of the journey? It would take around 5 days going from west to east and 10 days going east to west :lol:

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Would you not think it would rain at some stage of the journey? It would take around 5 days going from west to east and 10 days going east to west :lol:

It might, just don't fly during Hurricane season or you may experience a "Blow Away" :lol:

gpauk said:
Take it on a plane, keep it hovering..
Battery swaps allowed... :D

lol :lol: good one :) Just make sure it's in a large plane with nuff room to hover without killing the stewardess :p I guess that would technically count as a Phantom 2 Atlantic crossing? even though it did it hovering. Hmm.. or how about in one of those Phantom boxes? lol Nah it's more impressive for it to be flying during the trip abroad :)

Maybe it could help the stewardess.... carry drinks in a sling to passengers?!!!

Lol yup, could install a cup holder on top of the Phantom so it can fly drinks to passengers. Call it drone delivery :lol:

Probably wouldn't, however, be a GPS enabled hover. Just a regular however hover? :lol:

jonesk32 said:
jimre said:
gpauk said:
Take it on a plane, keep it hovering..
Battery swaps allowed... :D
Yes! New P2V speed record: 500+ mph!

Also a new attitude record: 30,000+ feet!
Now lets see those altitude junkies beat that.

A new flytrex record for max altitude / distance and Drone drink delivery all in one shot! Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4