Phantom 2 Blinking Green / Red during flight

Reaction score
Hi,

So, I realize that if the Phantom is in the air and it blinks 1 red, then back to green, that is supposed to mean it is recognizing 6 satellites (flying in NAZAM Mode). My question is - Is it okay to continue flying? I was flying at a park and out in the field I was fine, but when I flew where there were trees I would get 1 red blink every so often. I really wanted to get a cool shot of the creek / river but was hesitant because this was happening? Anyone have this happen to them?

stewdaddy said:
Hi,

So, I realize that if the Phantom is in the air and it blinks 1 red, then back to green, that is supposed to mean it is recognizing 6 satellites (flying in NAZAM Mode). My question is - Is it okay to continue flying? I was flying at a park and out in the field I was fine, but when I flew where there were trees I would get 1 red blink every so often. I really wanted to get a cool shot of the creek / river but was hesitant because this was happening? Anyone have this happen to them?

Yeah you can drop a sat or two like that sometimes during flight, just depending on various factors like altitude and weather, etc. It's ok to fly with fewer than 7 sats locked, just know that the precision of the GPS position hold will be reduced a bit, more so the fewer you have locked. Just be prepared to more actively control the Phantom than you might normally, and you should be fine. Once you have some clear airspace and some confidence with it, you can practice that kind of flying simply by switching to Atti mode.

OI Photography said:
stewdaddy said:
Hi,

Yeah you can drop a sat or two like that sometimes during flight, just depending on various factors like altitude and weather, etc. It's ok to fly with fewer than 7 sats locked, just know that the precision of the GPS position hold will be reduced a bit, more so the fewer you have locked. Just be prepared to more actively control the Phantom than you might normally, and you should be fine. Once you have some clear airspace and some confidence with it, you can practice that kind of flying simply by switching to Atti mode.

Great! Thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav