Phantom 2 blades on a FC 40 ?

Reaction score
Any one know if the Phantom 2 blades fit the FC 40 ? heard rumours that they do fit and give you a slighter longer flight time, Wanted to check before I bought a set and found out that it is more internet bull.

chrisliles said:
Any one know if the Phantom 2 blades fit the FC 40 ? heard rumours that they do fit and give you a slighter longer flight time, Wanted to check before I bought a set and found out that it is more internet bull.
Yep.....there are several threads on it;http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6817

You will need to adjust your gains in Naza, and you will need to use your Tilt lever, mapped to the X1 channel to do each one.
Don't use another persons gain values-as all aircraft behave differently and the weights and balance are different.

it's not as simple as just bolt them on and go. Although, with stock gain settings, I found no surprises-it does wobble a bit until you fine tune the gains.
Also-you must descend very, very slowly. These blades are approximately 40% larger, and will produce much more down-wash...so you don't want to get into "settling with power".
Flight times vary....I have a heavy(1270 gram) Phantom 1, and see about 2 minutes more flight time from a stock battery.

Yes, you can use the larger Phantom 2 blades on an FC40. I don't know if the two craft have the same motors or not. My guesses are that
1) all Phantoms have the same motors and
2) that using the bigger blades gives the FC40 greater horizontal maximum speed more in line with the speed of a Phantom 2.

I know diddly about gain adjustment so I stick with the default settings, and I have not done any measurement of whether I get more or less flight time when I've used Phantom 2 blades on my FC40. The stock blades do seem to result in more precise GPS hovering. There seems to be a considerably larger drift circle around the hovering point when I use the Phantom 2 blades, but the craft does seem to have more horizontal zip.

A heavier bird needs more thrust to stay up and since the P2(V) weighs more with a bigger battery (and camera) than a P1 the props are (proportionally) bigger too. The heavier your P1 is the more it will benefit from P2 props. The heavier your P1 is the more it will be 'in balance' with the P2 props so I expect less gains adjustment to be necessary.

In time I expect I will try the P2 props too on my FC40. I only flew it for the first times (3 batteries) outside yesterday when it was dry and the wind was (temporarily :mrgreen:) not too strong. I want to get in a fair amount of experience with the standard props before I migrate to P2 props.

I flew it on an field/play ground enclosed by the back gardens and fences of the surrounding houses. When low the wind was not too strong. Climbing to greater altitude the 9m/s (20 mph) wind became much more noticeable. The standard props stood their ground but in strong winds the P2 props could be of benefit too.

I use vision props on mine, no.. adjustment works great vertical lift is great

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

I have 9" carbon fiber blades and Vision prop guards on mine. I had to adjust gains but it flies great. I've read several posts of FC40s putting on larger blades with positive results.

I have now flew twice with Vision 2 blades. Can you say, what cause the vibrations (wobble) during landing?
I have read, you must be careful, when landing. Or do I need to adjust gains? I have allready drop down basic ROLL and PITCH gains + ATT ROLL and PITCH gains about 10%. Otherwise Phantom flies ok. Only the Wobble, during landing is my problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj