Phantom 2 began descent at 1st low voltage warning. Help plz

Reaction score
So, according to the manual, which I read, the first low voltage warning is at 30% battery. That just happened while flying. The first battery level indicator light was solid, the second was flashing and the status indicator LEDs were flashing red slowly.

Mere seconds later my Phantom started to descend. I was able to get it to land softly without issue. It still responded to my inputs. I was able to steer and pushing up on the left stick kept the Phantom up, just like the manual said.

So, I got it down safely... double checked the battery was still in the "between 25 and 50%" mode by verifying the first battery indicator light was solid and the second was flashing. The status indicator lights were still flashing red slowly for first low voltage warning. I tried to take off and could not. The motors were running, the props spinning... just not fast enough to take off.

Do I have a defective battery? What's the deal?

Thanks!!!

Re: Phantom 2 began descent at 1st low voltage warning. Help

Hard to tell. How cold was it? Best to check the battery as it is in Phantom Assistant. That will tell you exactly how much juice is left and the condition of each cell.

Not very cold at all. Over 40 degrees F and kinda sunny.

This is worrisome. If it's going to descend at 30% battery I feel like I can't trust it once it's past the 50% mark. Can't have it descend into the forest or water or a building. I guess this issue goes away once you have a FPV setup with OSD.

:(

How does your do after 30%?

Anyone else have this issue?

atoms said:
Not very cold at all. Over 40 degrees F and kinda sunny.

Then there might be an issue but check your settings first. Are the first and second level warnings set to default? What are the readings on your battery when full and when discharged to 20%?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31