Phantom 2 battery bypass

Reaction score
Has anyone came up with how to bypass the dji battery to be able to fly this thing on any battery? Or is it just simply not worth it on these old obsolete things?

Can't be bypassed per se but some have replaced the individual cells or added batts/cells in parallel to the intelligent interface.

Okay, i also have a real old style phantom, 2 axis gimbal, ive never done any firmware updates to it, its my understanding if i go into the assistant i can change things like altitude limit, flying modes etc, is that correct? One more thing, it fell out of the air about 3 foot off the water, retrieved it right away. Took it apart blew all the water out and let it sit in the sun for about 2-3 days, the battery obviously toasted instantly. But, now when i put a different battery in, it powers up, camera comes on and streams to my phone. But says invalid battery, or unauthenticated battery, and wont fly. Also it has a compass calibration prompt. Any takes on that?

I take it your a physical pilot as well as a rc pilot n017rw??? Iam a private pilot, got to commercial and ran out of fundage!

Yes, briefly in my 20s.
Started a family soon after and had to give it up.

Been substituting r/c aviation instead for 3 decades.

So i have reallybeen out of the loop with these drones, i know that my phantom 2 is pretty primitive, but its still fun. Whats the latest on batterys and where can i get the best deals on them and or upgrades. I found a new phantom 3 with a 3 axis gimbal and camera. For $399 maybe i should just go that route? What you guys think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers