Phantom 2 Assistant Woes...

Reaction score
I've bitten the bullet and downloaded the assistant software with a view to enabling Home Lock and Course Lock. I was advised to use version 2 of the assitant rather than v3

However, only the upgrade tab is accessible. My Main Controller is on version 1.08 and it says there is an upgrade to 2.00 that I need to do before the software will work properly.

I'm very nervous upgrading the firmware as the thing flies perfectly at the moment except for IOC and failsafe mode. I guess I have to upgrade? If so, was the advice I received about steering clear of v3 good?

Many thanks

HL and CL (IOC) are enabled by switching to Naza Mode, you won't necessarily have to upgrade the firmware if you don't want to...
The Phantom comes in 'Phantom' mode by default, just change to Naza mode, its a button at the top of the screen in the Assistant software. If you DO switch to Naza mode, make SURE to read all the instructions because the LED light sequences will be different from Phantom mode.

It seems the deeper you get into this, the more confusing it is!!

I thought you could go into an "Advanced" tab and then enable IOC whilst in Phantom mode...

Not sure whether IOC is enabled and the assistant software insists that I upgrade before accessing anything. I can switch to Maza-M mode but still can't access the different tabs...

For the amount of money these DJi people are making, you'd think that their instructions would be clearer!

HeliTV said:
It seems the deeper you get into this, the more confusing it is!!

I thought you could go into an "Advanced" tab and then enable IOC whilst in Phantom mode...

Not sure whether IOC is enabled and the assistant software insists that I upgrade before accessing anything. I can switch to Maza-M mode but still can't access the different tabs...

For the amount of money these DJi people are making, you'd think that their instructions would be clearer!
I may be wrong but I don't think you have to upgrade. Just close the popup window that says the upgrade is available and proceed as normal. Enable IOC by switching to Naza mode and carry on...

Oh, for what its worth, I have no problems running the latest firmware on my setup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj