Phantom 2 and Garmin Virb mounting options

Reaction score
I am new to this so please forgive me if some of these questions have already been answered, I just found your forum and I also just ordered the phantom 2 non vision. I have the Garmin Virb Elite and I am hoping you guys can pint me in the right direction for mounting options for the Garmin Virb? I would really like to go with a gimble mount, but would be happy with something to help with vibration to start.

At the moment it doesn't look hopeful for an off the shelf solution for that camera. The P2 is almost exclusively for the GoPros although there are a few other options. I had a good look around and couldn’t find anything relating to using a Virb on a P2. :(

You may have better luck contacting Garmin directly to see if they know of any suitable hardware?

Thanks for the reply goldfishrock. I wish we had something for the Virb and the phantom but nothing yet. It does come with an adapter for the go pro standard mounts but nothing that looks like it will work with a gimble. My search will continue...

qzing said:
It does come with an adapter for the go pro standard mounts but nothing that looks like it will work with a gimble.

The biggest problem will be balance. The H2-3D Gimbal is designed to work with the GoPro. If you even remove the battery from the GP it upsets the balance and teh gimbal fails to work properly.... so the only option would be to find a gimbal specifically designed for the Virb.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik