Phantom 2 5.05km(3.14miles) Long Range FPV Record!

Reaction score
Record set at 03/03/2014 15.30pm. No Single Fail safe triggered! temp at 8c. bright sunny day with very little wind. DJI Stock controller and receiver. controller voltage of 5.4v and during the flight the antenna was pointing up. Fatshark predator v2 goggle with IBcrazy 5 turn helical. Immersion RC 600mw tx with spironet sp v2 antenna. The best position for antenna is coming out on side not back. I swear. I have no video lost or snow,absolutely rock solid there and back!

Flight altitude was 150m. going speed about 16.7m/s, coming back about 12.5m/s. 15mins total flight time with 100% fully charged battery(has done 11 cycle with 97% health). total overload with GPS tracker is 1346g.
I could possibly do 6km, due to not flying in straight line at the begining and wasted some time doing video reception checks.
If the battery is not a limited factor, I will firmly believe the video will stretch more than 10km. or may be I will get my friend to catch my phantom on 10km mark. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyoTOm87U9w

I am going to buy a flight recorder then I can show you my goggles view with iosd data. then I will try another one for 6km! :twisted:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,763
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,903
Craaaaazy distance man! pretty ballsey flight :D

What part of the UK is that?

Jaybee said:
Craaaaazy distance man! pretty ballsey flight :D

What part of the UK is that?

Carlisle Cumbria. I was new to this location. I saw this spot on google map and I though there is plenty green for me but I have out run it for sure. I did Try to avoid the motorway and flying curve. I will relocation for next 6km coming.
I know it is hard to believe my range is way more than they claim for the controller 1000m. I am shocked too plus no failsafe at all.
a lots of people said they got failsafe kick in about 1500m. I admit it happen to me sometimes(not line of sight). but if you got solid more than 2km fpv video you just need to regain the control back and push it again. once you done that it will just stay connected. most of my flights are 1500 to 2000 mark.
ps. may be there is FCC mode to the controller. I did it to P2 first day. just fully right turn the bottom screw.

Amazing... I'm impressed mate. I'm glad all the prep and research you did before buying has paid off.

A wee word of caution. In the UK the CAA guidelines are 400ft (120m) altitude and 1640ft (500m) horizontal + always within sight. If you break these your BMFA insurance (I am presuming you have insurance... and if you don't, get it!) won't cover you.

...... also glad to see you didn't cross the M6! :shock:

What was the voltage / battery percentage when you'd finished?

IT'S A FAKE !!!, Your Phantom was being carried by a hot air balloon !! :D

Only kidding!, great job and I look forward to seeing your 6k flight.
Does anyone have an analyser to see if the bottom "pot" adjustment makes any difference to the TX output on the controller??

Have you got link to that antenna that you have on your goggles where you brought it from also what gps tracker are you using ???

Iceman said:
Have you got link to that antenna that you have on your goggles where you brought it from also what gps tracker are you using ???

Ibcrazy 5 turns helical from fast lad performance.(sorry do I allow to say it here?) may be get the lower turns one for cheaper, believe me 5 turns is too much power. I would swap 3 turns one for bigger beam width like 120degree. gps tracker from eBay model TK102b £30

And I thought I was doing good with my puny 1477 feet! :oops:

Nice job leekawey!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers