Phantom 2 3.04 vs 3.06

Reaction score
I havent updated my phantom 2 in a while. I see there is a version 3.4 out now. should I upgrade it? Or is what I currently have better?

I am confused. I thought the latest firmware was 3.06. Your title says 3.04 vs 3.06 and in the body you type 3.4. What is the current firmware version of your phantom? Maybe we can shed more light.

On the website I only see 3.06. Apparently 3.04 and 3.06 really limit the flying angle greatly reducing the speed and fun factor of the phantom. I am currently running 1.08, but be warned as your phantom will fly fast and hard. She really keeps going after you take your fingers off the sticks and takes a while to stabilize. Really need to be a responsive flyer who understands how to fly manually.

JPriami said:
Can I downgrade to 1.08

Yes you can and it is what I am flying. Go to http://droneslinger.com/software.html and download 1.08 assistant. Go to the upgrade page and when it asks you to upgrade to 1.08, it will really be downgrading the because the assistant doesn't recognize 3.06, it uploads the new 1.08 firmware.

I just got a new phantom that was at 3.04. I upgrades it to 3.06. Why would I want to downgrade to 1.08?

Bluegrass said:
I just got a new phantom that was at 3.04. I upgrades it to 3.06. Why would I want to downgrade to 1.08?

3.06 imposes limits on speed (15 degrees of pitch and roll) and descent rate (2 m/s), because too many people were flying wildly and crashing. Unless you are an experienced pilot, I'd strongly suggest sticking with 3.06 - it's a lot safer to fly with.

HarryT said:
Bluegrass said:

3.06 imposes limits on speed (15 degrees of pitch and roll) and descent rate (2 m/s), because too many people were flying wildly and crashing. Unless you are an experienced pilot, I'd strongly suggest sticking with 3.06 - it's a lot safer to fly with.

I agree. As time goes on and you become a better pilot, you find the phantom to be like your first car. She is good for a while, but you get bored of her and want to upgrade. Instead of buying a new quad, you downgrade to 1.08 and she is like a new beast.

Be warned though, it flies very fast and very nimble. If you are taking video, you have to be very delicate and fly slow.

quality control said:
I agree. As time goes on and you become a better pilot, you find the phantom to be like your first car. She is good for a while, but you get bored of her and want to upgrade. Instead of buying a new quad, you downgrade to 1.08 and she is like a new beast.

Be warned though, it flies very fast and very nimble. If you are taking video, you have to be very delicate and fly slow.

Of course even with 3.06 you can relax the limits with ATTI mode, and remove them entirely with Manual mode, so you don't actually have to downgrade to get better performance.

For just gently flying around and taking video (which is all I ever do), 3.06 is fine. It'll let you fly at about 20mph which is more than enough for my needs.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl