Phantom 1 wont takeoff after crash

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I had a bad experience some days ago with my phantom and it crashed :(

It wasn't really high, around 3-4 meters, but it had a gimbal + a gopro so it was really heavy. The main frame had some marks, but overall it was looking good.

I've removed the gimbal and the camera to test the phantom after the crash, all engines started ok, but when I wanted to takeoff it never separated from the floor even though the propellers were spinning incredible fast. Making a really loud noise!

I did an advance IMU calibration, calibrated the compass, changed the propellers with new ones, but nothing helped. I even opened the phantom to check if all cables were connected inside, everything seemed ok also there.

What could it be? What else can I try?

Thank you very much!!!

Does this one have the self tightening props? Did you open up the shell? A common error on earlier Phantoms was to get the top part of the shell mounted back on in the wrong orientation, rotated 90 degrees. Then the markings on the arms would be indicating the wrong prop direction.
You most certainly have the props turning the wrong way from your description. Looking down on the top of the bird, the right front prop should rotate CCW, the left front CW, the left rear CCW and the right rear CW.

One more possibility, make sure you have the correct model selected in the assistant software. It should be X not +.

Double and triple check that the correct props are on the correct motors. Alternating motors spin in opposite directions and the correct type prop needs to be on each motor.

Although the wrong props on the motors will definitely prevent you from lifting off, I suspect you have another problem.
You should not have a load noise when the motors are spinning. If so, its very possible that you've damaged one or more motors in the crash. Disconnect the flight battery and try spinning each motor by hand.They should all spin smoothly with little or no resistance. Any motor that's been damaged will not spin easily and may even bind when you try to turn it. I suspect the load noise is a bad motor that has a bent shaft, bent motor housing and/or broken motor winding(s). If you find one or more motors with even a little binding you'll need to replace them with the correct CW or CCW turning motor.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll try to check if the shell was misplaced later and let you know, let's hope it's only that and not damaged motors.

pd: props aren't self tightening, and I did open the shell :)

Thanks @syotr I love you!! haha Propellers were turning in the opposite direction, I had the shell rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks @Pilot_FML!! I guess the loudy noise wasn't coming from the motors, just the propellers turning really fast. I did a full throttle once just to test :p

It's flying a little bit messy, but I'll try to balance the props and re-calibrate everything. I'm so happy!

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nico

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31