Phantom 1 with upgrade board and i osd mini

Reaction score
I m looking for advice regarding installation i OSD mini in my Phantom 1 with upgrade board installed using DJI Y splitter hub for Can-Bus system ;or if there is another solution ? thanks for input.

I have Phantom 1 with H3-2d and upgrade board already installed. I would like to add OSD ,but by checking preview posts there is problem to plug it in. I come across with Dji product Y splitter hub for Can-Bus system and I am wondering if that could be used to get a needed port ,or the only way to solder new wires as shown in the prevues video. i was also looking at Skylark Trace IV OSD, but I don't know how difficult will be to install it?

Are you talking about this canbus hub? http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/vi ... duct=17309

If so, then you'll still need to add a canbus port to the expansion board before you can use that hub, which would require one of the methods in that video I linked. That hub just gives you several ports in place of just one...but you still have to have one canbus port to start with.

You could also get a canbus port by adding DJI's PMU, but that adds weight and pointless redundancy, using the iOSD mini is the more efficient way to do it.

Tanks for respond ,yes I was looking at that item. I thing the only way is to follow the video and create the port,buy do you know where to buy the connectors that plugs into I OSD Mini ( the guy crimps them and then using string wrap ,to tightened them together ). I was also looking at Skylark Trace IV OSD , but I don't know how difficult would be to install it.

You can get the wires from many robotics/DIY places, here's a good example: http://www.pololu.com/category/68/male- ... mper-wires

I haven't tried the Skylark OSD but I've heard good things about it. It should be fairly easy to connect, it comes with all the cables you should need. All you have to do is connect it to power, and to the video line between the camera and the video Tx. The drawback is that it adds a good bit of bulk because it has its own telemetry system (GPS, current sensor, etc) independent of the data produced by the NAZA.

Appreciate your respond and thanks for cable link. Is there any specific no. or name of the connector/ cable for I OSD mini?

The iOSD mini has a canbus plug on it (to connect to the one you create with the wires), and a canbus port on the side to plug other accessories in to (data link, BTU, etc). It also comes with the cables you should need to connect to the input cable on your video transmitter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj