Phantom 1 with iOSD Mini?

tch1972 said:
Does iOSD Mini work with the Phantom 1?

How are you planing on viewing the iOSD mini? I recently got a fatshark system and added iOSD mini to it. It all works great and I can record my flight using the fatshark camera with osd info overlaid. first of all I can see how much battery I got, I can see where my quad is relative to where I am.. I can take passengers for flights and they can wear the goggles and I can watch on my 7' monitor. I love it and would recommend the iOSD mini and FPV to everyone who flies.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20780

iOSD mini and PMU V2 is the way to go... The upgrade board has NO CAN BUS!

Step 1, you solder the PMU V2 with the Phantom circuit board like in this video:
http://youtu.be/3I9es5y7Mrw?t=48s

Step 2, you connect the iOSD mini to the PMU V2 CAN BUS

Step 3, you connect on end of the video cable to the iOSD mini and pass the other end through one of the legs

Step 4, you pack everything under the shell

Step 5, you connect (I use servo connectors) the 2 ends of the video cables according to the manual.

DONE!

Tobrouk said:

The Upgrade Board needs CANBus to communicate with the built in GCU. A few people here have done the Sarawuth mod to be able to access the CANBus, but you need to be fairly comfortable soldering a few small wires to the board.

For those with an H3-3D or H3-2D, the upgrade board is a much lighter solution than a PMU + GCU as well. Neither solution is plug and play, but the upgrade board helps keep weight down and flight times up.

ElGuano said:
Tobrouk said:

The Upgrade Board needs CANBus to communicate with the built in GCU. A few people here have done the Sarawuth mod to be able to access the CANBus, but you need to be fairly comfortable soldering a few small wires to the board.

For those with an H3-3D or H3-2D, the upgrade board is a much lighter solution than a PMU + GCU as well. Neither solution is plug and play, but the upgrade board helps keep weight down and flight times up.

ElGuano, I hope you see this. I was wondering if there is some list that shows the meaning of all the acronyms, I get Power Management unit, I don't GCU? And I took lots of buss's over the years, and CAN BUS was not one of them.. should be easy to google can bus naza and I see the pin out on the PMU v2 that I just put on my bird but I cannot find a sentence that tells me what can bus means and what it means to me...
There should be a list,
osd, on screen display
fpv, first person view
pmu, power management unit
lol, hahahahaa

Wedeliver said:
ElGuano said:
Tobrouk said:

ElGuano, I hope you see this. I was wondering if there is some list that shows the meaning of all the acronyms, I get Power Management unit, I don't GCU? And I took lots of buss's over the years, and CAN BUS was not one of them.. should be easy to google can bus naza and I see the pin out on the PMU v2 that I just put on my bird but I cannot find a sentence that tells me what can bus means and what it means to me...
There should be a list,
osd, on screen display
fpv, first person view
pmu, power management unit
lol, hahahahaa

I don't have a link available, but people have put together acronym lists for quadcopters...maybe if there's a good list we could Sticky it. The problem is people start a list and the discussion quickly devolves into absurdity (ITIP, DILLIGAF, etc.).

GCU is the gimbal control unit - it's a connection harness that allows the H3-2D/3D to communicate with the Naza to receive commands and improve its stabilization. You either need to use it in conjunction with the PMU V2 (since it communicates via CANBus) or you use the Phantom upgrade board, which has the GCU built in.

CANBus is a Component Accessory Network bus - it was designed as an networking protocol for automobiles and greatly decreases the physical wiring required by allowing multiple devices to communicate over a single serial bus. It's been since adapted for a number of different non-automotive applications in which a number of devices need to talk to each other.

What about Phantom 1 without Zenmuse? I use the Tarot T2D and get the power from the original board (soldered 2 cables there).
So giving the fact that I won't need to try to save the weight of the CGU, as I don't have the Zenmuse, should I go with the PMU?

Here it says that with that I can also upgrade the Naza V1: http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/pmu-v2.htm
What does that mean? Upgrade to Naza V2?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20