Phantom 1 with Feiyu 2D Gimbal pitch control question

Reaction score
Managed to crash with my Feiyu gimble the other month and completely trashed my original Feiyu-Tech gimble.
That had 2 buttons to preset the pitch before flight.
I've since replaced it with the newer Feiyu-Tech Mini 2D gimble which has pitch control. I thought I could control this via the F2 port on the Naza.
I've enabled Gimble control in the software and I can see the axis moving in the software when turning the controls in my Transmitter but when plugging in the cable that connects to the pitch on the gimble controller I get nothing.

The documentation just shows 1 cable (blue) connecting to I believe the bottom pin on the F2 port, does this sound right or should I have an additional cable connected?

I have the original Phantom with the Red Naza v1 I believe.

Are you getting power from the Phantom or using a separate battery for the gimbal? You may need a ground wire (F2 port top pin) going to gimbal.

For testing I'm just running the gimbal off a seperate small 1s Lipo. Gimble itself works fine but it's always dead level, no manual adjustment. I'm not sure how to test if the naza is giving any output in f2 or it's the gimble adjustment not working.

Last edited:
For testing I'm just running the gimbal off a seperate small 1s Lipo. Gimble itself works fine but it's always dead level, no manual adjustment. I'm not sure how to test if the naza is giving any output in f2 or it's the gimble adjustment not working.
Since you are using a separate battery for the gimbal, you will have to connect a ground wire from the gimbal to the F2 ground (top pin.) I am surprised that the gimbal will run on a 1s battery.

Thanks syotr! I switched the power to come from the DJI and gimble is working perfectly. I've gimble + video transmitter coming off the small grey + red leads, hope that doesn't draw too much juice for such small leads.

It was a small 1000mAh 2cell my mistake

To be safe, I would run another pair of wires. That's what I did. You could connect both and see if the wires get warm.

Managed to crash with my Feiyu gimble the other month and completely trashed my original Feiyu-Tech gimble.
I've since replaced it with the newer Feiyu-Tech Mini 2D gimble which has pitch control. I thought I could control this via the F2 port on the Naza.
I've enabled Gimble control in the software and I can see the axis moving in the software when turning the controls in my Transmitter but when plugging in the cable that connects to the pitch on the gimble controller I get nothing.

The documentation just shows 1 cable (blue) connecting to I believe the bottom pin on the F2 port, does this sound right or should I have an additional cable connected?

Phantom2 upgraded controller and Feiyu mini 2d gimbal.
If you connect the gimbal power lead to the main black/red leads on the phantom circuit board using the mini power lead extension supplied which will require a little careful soldering and the blue lead to F2 bottom pin of the Naza receiver your gimbal will work fine with pitch control on the thumb wheel of the new upgrade controler. The Naza gimbal settings still dont effect the gimbal though and they appear non active (greyed out) even though they appear to adjust. Other Feiyu gimbals sem to have their own software adjuster but the mini doesnt seem to have any. I've downloaded the usb driver, the gimbal software and the latest firmware update from Feiyu.com and installed all successfully. But there appears to be no software adjustment for this gimbal, which is a major dissappointment for this nice compact quality gimbal. In my case i only get about 75deg downward view max with the tilt and cant adjust it(sucks).

Last edited:
I got mine working by powering from the drone supply rather than seperate lipo. Works great, I get a full 180degree rotation and works great. Only problem now is I've managed to fry my video TX. Not related to this setup as I've had it flying for hours, just unlucky in cold conditions I think.

Just checked the specs for mini 2d, now i know why!
If you check the specs for the mini 2d gimbal you will see it says tilt down 90deg up 45deg. This gimbal isnt made for slinging under a quad, consequently i have 45deg down and 90deg up because the gimbal is supposed to be on top on a helmet/dashboard etc. I suspect the 3d is the same and youre right there are firmware upgrades only no software adjustment support. The Naza assistant doesnt talk to this gimbal even with all Feiyu downloads installed. Whats needed is another driver to make it compatible to the Naza, but i suspect there are physical limits in the gimbal. So unless you can topmount the gimbal youre stuck with 45deg downward tilt. What a let down nobody seems to have reviewed this limitation if you sling it under a quad.

I'm pretty sure I get a near 180 with my mini 2d. I'll check over soon after all this new year stuff is over :)

I'm pretty sure I get a near 180 with my mini 2d. I'll check over soon after all this new year stuff is over :)
Are you sure because these are the specs at the bottom of the instruction sheet that comes with the gimbal.
Check this out the specs are at the bootom of the sheet.
MiNi 2D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan