Phantom 1 with 9450 phantom 2 blades

Reaction score
My quad wouldn't fly with these blades ? They are the self tightening props. The craft would try to take off while I was not giving and commands. Not sure if there is something I have to do but I have heard of people using these on the phantom 1? Any help would be appreciated !

Those props should be fine with the P1. Check your idle speed setting in the NAZA assistant software and try reducing it.

Was it flying properly before changing props? Are your P1's original props self tightening too? If they aren't, it may be that you have an older P1 which is not compatible with self tightening props. Changing the props should not alter the idling characteristics, but it is a good idea, as syotr already pointed out, to check or adjust your idle speed in Naza.

My quad wouldn't fly with these blades ? They are the self tightening props. The craft would try to take off while I was not giving and commands. Not sure if there is something I have to do but I have heard of people using these on the phantom 1? Any help would be appreciated !
Trying to take off without you giving stick commands has NOTHING to do with you having changed props.

If you got the 2 CW and the 2 CCW self tightening props on successfully and did nothing else the P1 should lift off as before. Whether the props are self tightening or not makes no difference on how the P1 flies.

The P1 taking off by itself points to something other than a prop problem.

Explain more about what happened after you replaced the props.

All I did was tighten the props down and go for a test flight and the quad wanted to keep flying upward. The only way it wouldn't is if I was commanding it to. It wouldn't stay hovering in one position despite being in gps. But literally opened the blades out of the package and installed them and it tested.

My old props were self tightening. Before the blade change it worked fine.

A blade change, could NOT cause an uncommanded altitude increase after installing different blades.

You have to be doing something else different (incomplete preflight, different location that affects the barometer) or something happened (crash, etc.) between the blade changes.

Did unexpected take offs ever happen before the prop changes?

Why did you originally decide to change blades?

Last edited:
I just recently became apart of these forums and I read that the 9450s fly better than the stock props. So I decided to buy some. Literally after the failure of the first flight I immediately switch my props back to the previous pair and it flew just fine.

I have owned my phantom for 2 years. I am aware of the platform and how to operate it. I just am confused why there was a problem when all I did was change my props.

I had a similar sounding issue when I first switched to 9450's on my P1. Turned out the spindles on my motors were stripped enough that the props would tighten to a point then spin freely. The original props were able to find enough threading to secure tightly and I never noticed a problem until I upgraded. I ended up swapping all four motors for P2V models and have been rockin' the 9450's ever since!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers