Phantom 1 vs 2 Buying Help!!!

Reaction score
Hello,
Complete newbie here so forgive me ahead of time for my dumb questions!!!

I am looking to purchase a Phantom in the near future. I have no experience with aerial photography or flying RC's for that matter.

We belong to a performance boating group and produce DVD's shot with go pros during the boating season. We think adding a Phantom to the mix will help us with some great shots we can't get now. Having said all that, this is really just a hobby, we don't make money doing this, but don't mind spending money on toys either.

So, my question:
I know we want to stay with a Hero3 GoPro setup, as opposed to the Vision model because that's what we are used to shooting with and we have several.

Should I wait for the Phantom2 with gopro gimbal or is it smarter to buy the Phantom 1 at this point?

Money isn't a huge issue, we'd just like to get the best possible setup that will allow the most stable flight (much of our flying will be over open water) and the maximum flight time we can get without having to stop and change batteries.

Can you all give me you thoughts, as well as pros and cons of the Phantom 1 vs Phantom 2?

Thanks in advance!!!

If you'd prefer a capable solution out-of-the-box, get the Phantom 2 (w/Zenmuse gimbal).

If you would like to tweak/upgrade exactly to your liking, get the original Phantom. That will let you choose exactly which components are added, including pretty much the same exact config as the Phantom 2 aside from the new battery (which may or may not be a good thing).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj