Phantom 1 Tilts Fwd on takeoff

Reaction score
I never had a problem taking off. Didnt use Phantom in 3 weeks..Now it tilts foward on takeoff..I have only h3-2d and gopro on it..Made sure props were secure..Did the calibration dance..Did advance calibrations...Mods are averaging 1400..Verified i have 6 satelittes...Swapped with new dji props...Did motor test looks and sounds ok to my eyes and ears..I didnt do any upgrade still on 4.0.2...When i am able to takeoff it flies like a baby..Any help greatly appreciated..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw6nmhfvz2kac ... 170531.mp4

With the gimbal that's pretty normal but do an adavanced IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface (preferably non-metallic). If that doesn't cure it I've heard of folks propping the front of Phantom up 1/2" when doing advanced IMU cal basically altering level.

EMCSQUAR said:
With the gimbal that's pretty normal but do an adavanced IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface (preferably non-metallic). If that doesn't cure it I've heard of folks propping the front of Phantom up 1/2" when doing advanced IMU cal basically altering level.

I took the gimbal for fear of scrapping gopro..I will try your suggestion.

you might try full throttle when you go to lift off. lots i mean lots of peope report a lack of thrust and difficulty taking off and the reason might be firmware, props, a dji ghost or who knows. If it is this issue of takeoff thrust it would tip over exactly as you describe if full throttle isn't used. Does your quad hover in one place with no drifting? Did you put the new props on after you noticed a problem or before? dont give up. check props for balance. have you added or moved anything that would change balance? if nothing is helping cän you check the balance of the quad? If you turn it around before take off does it still tip over to the front?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20