Phantom 1 swap into phantom 2 shell

Reaction score
Hey guys, im running a phantom 1 with h3-2d and fpv setup. Getting a whopping 9 min of flight time with 2800 mah batteries, and 7 min with stock dji 2200mah battery. I NEED more flight time... My friend got the phantom 2 running h3-3d gimbal and I slapped my fpv gear on it. He got 18 min of flight time landing on with %18 battery left.. Amazing flight time. I want to do a shell swap in hopes of getting more flight time. Will a shell swap actually get me more flight time? Who has done it?

Do you want to swap the shell, so you can use the Phantom 2's battery? I don't see that working well. The Phantom 2 has upgraded motors, rotors, etc. Or, was there another reason you thought a shell swap would help? If the latter, it won't help.

I have seen a dual battery tray for the Phantom 1, on eBay. However, I don't know how much, if any, increased flight time is possible. Adding a second battery, doesn't double the flight time as extra weight is added. But, I'm sure that you know that.

My advice is to look into the "Original Phantom's" topic here as someone may have tried the dual battery option. Otherwise, you can buy more batteries and swap them out, when one runs out of 'juice.' Ultimately, the best solution is to buy a Phantom 2.

Maybe others here can offer something that I haven't thought of.

Ya I've had my phantom for a little more than a year now. With the release of the phantom 2 v2.0 prices have dropped for the regular phantom 2.. on Amazon (obviously not the best place to buy a phantom) but they are selling a phantom 2 with H3-3d gimbal for $780... I think I will purchase and hopefully sell my phantom 1

By the way, I found the ad for the double battery tray in Rotor Drone magazine. I also highly recommend this magazine.
The company is: maxamps.com

I'm glad that you are looking towards a 3D gimbal. It is money well invested.

I admit that I'm partial to Amazon, both as a dedicated buyer and an Amazon merchant. I bought my P2, V1, with 3D gimbal, from Amazon. I did so because they have a no hassle return policy. In fact, I returned my V1 for a V2.

Now, I hear DJI will be releasing a new product in January. There is a chance that it could be a Phantom 3. To be honest, I read that here. But, it makes sense as the latest vision model is a P3. I am making myself wait as I might want to exchange it for a P3. Now, how many hobby stores will do that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4