Phantom 1 newbie needs help

Reaction score
Hello all! I am basically a drone newbie, so be gentle. I purchased a used P1 just to see if I was going to like the drone phase and not put a lot of money into a hobby not knowing if I was going to like it or not so that's why i bought a used P1.

So far i have tested it out and it seems to work but I really don't know anything about the firmware and software part of it all, not sure what i need to download so i really need some help here.

I downloaded "NAZA-M V2" and when i start that it says skip and then goes to like a program screen which i have no idea of how to use.

I guess i will await some help with this first before i ask anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Billiam151

you need to plug the drone into your computer via the USB. Then the software will recognise your drone, then go to the update page and follow the instructions.

The DJi wiki details everything you need.

I wouldn't update anything unless you have a need to. Which P1 do you have? The latest is Phantom 1.1.1. I got my first P1 1.1.1 in April of 2014. It's running ver 4.00. Bought 2 more in 2015 running 4.02. I haven't updated any of them and they are still flying great. Connecting to the assistant software lets you make many changes. Too much to type out. There are many videos on youtube that will walk you through. There is no need to update unless it solves a problem you are having. Somewhere on the DJI ...it states what the upgrade changes are. Once into the software, if you have a particular question about a feature...then ask.

The P1 is a very reliable bird. It can take many non smart batteries which are cheap. Now it doesn't have all the features the new birds have such a telemetry, live video of flight, flying for miles away etc. Is that important to you? You can add some of these features to a P1. A P1 will carry a Gopro camera and gimbal. If I want fpv I can attach my Fatshark video tx on it and view with my goggles. Considering the prices have really come down on newer birds like the P3 standard I saw at Sams Club for $399 yesterday, it's not worth putting much into a P1 to get these features. But....if you just want to fly and not have the headache of learning all the new stuff and complain that the new smart battery failed, the camera is crooked, you keep getting disconnected from some app.etc...The P1 is a blast. . The P1 is also not restricted by where it can fly per the software. .

I did watch a few videos in regards to NAZA, so I followed the instructions and I'm running into the roadblock when I'm hooked up via USB, the tx is on first, hooked to USB, then connect my battery which powers up and goes to green. I double click the program, it opens and sort of stalls on the startup screen, I can click "SKIP" which gets me to the main screen but it does not show connected on the bottom two lights... any ideas?

I did watch a few videos in regards to NAZA, so I followed the instructions and I'm running into the roadblock when I'm hooked up via USB, the tx is on first, hooked to USB, then connect my battery which powers up and goes to green. I double click the program, it opens and sort of stalls on the startup screen, I can click "SKIP" which gets me to the main screen but it does not show connected on the bottom two lights... any ideas?
I'm not sharp on computer stuff but you have to download the proper drivers along with assistant software.

I am pretty sure I have, I will go to wiki and check out exactly what I need.
okay, i have checked my software and firmware and it appears that its all good. My Bird is: model P330 v1.2.1......

here is a screen shot as to show you what i have software wise and then what its doing when i connect and power on and start the software.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 368
Okay, mark this solved. It was a windows 10 issue. Followed the steps I saw in another thread and it worked. Yay!

Now it says this:
GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interferance. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition.

So now I need to learn to calibrate my GPS..

Okay, mark this solved. It was a windows 10 issue. Followed the steps I saw in another thread and it worked. Yay!

Now it says this:
GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interferance. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition.

So now I need to learn to calibrate my GPS..
I don't know how one would calibrate the GPS. I believe your P1 is an earlier model than The ver 1.1.1. The 1.1.1 has two antennas on the bird running down the landing legs. I'm not sure if your screen would look different than mine.
Having the Phantom on a level surface do the IMU calibration. Do not bump it during this process. Check compass mod values. Should be around 1500. Compass cal should be done outside in the clear away from any metal or magnetic areas. Also check to see what your range limits are set for. Mine are at max. 2000 feet I believe. On the earlier ver,,,4.00 and before...if your range was set too close and you hit the virtual wall...the phantom would stop and the right stick would do nothing. The left stick would let you control altitude and yaw only. So if your limit is set at 2000, it will not be a problem. IOC can only be set up the the software. That is home lock and course lock on left top switch..S2. S1 on the right can be set also. Bottom position can be set to atti...Failsafe....or manual. There are other things to set up also. .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj