Phantom 1 Dog Nose 0

Reaction score
Got a wee bit close to my dog "J". Zero damage to Phantom, skinned dog nose. She came out fine, just a small chunk of skin missing from her nose. Was taking video of her running after it. Gust of wind pushed Phantom down within reach. Pretty funny.

Attachments

• J-1.jpg
    J-1.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 620
  • J-2.jpg
    J-2.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 600
CunningStuntFlyer said:
I'm not seeing anything funny about that.

Me neither.

Wow. Imagine how hilarious it would have been if you'd hit her a little higher up the face and blinded her.

Not to dogpile (sorry), but accident or not, your dog didn't know the risks, you did, and you made the decision to expose her to them. Luckily the cost was not steep this time. Glad she is OK.

Maybe the title should be "lesson learnt, never do this with your dog close by because it's........) not a good idea putting it nicely.

Simon Manners said:
Yep but like most things in life in was accidental and once I had ascertained no real damage was done she was adequately compensated. Take it how you like... far out...

Like most things in life, this was NOT an accident. It might have been unintentional, but it was no accident.

Good Grief.

Simon 0 - community 10

To be fair, the dog probably kept on wagging her tail and loves you no less after the incident. Wasn't funny to us, though.

I never thought I would but I have to agree with cunningcuntflyer.not funny.

now go tell your pup your sorry and get him a big treat.

No its no irresponsible it was an accident. She was out in the paddock with me being a sheep dog, and it was a freak accident. No different when you fly the Phantom's in public spaces. You could accidentally hit someone or someone's property or even cause a car accident by distracting the driver. These are not intentional acts or even particularly irresponsible acts. They can be caused by poor judgement or by a simple unintentional act by either environmental or mechanical fault.

The only issue is I chose poor wording originally. It was not funny at the time. But once established no real harm was done and after reviewing the footage the pictures made me laugh as it just so happened it was caught on video. The lesson learnt was keep a greater distance between objects especially when wind is present.

A dab of filtabac on the nose and a frozen bone (its hot weather at the moment) later as compo all was forgiven.

Anyway you are all within your rights to express an opinion and I respect that opinion. So opinionated away... lol...

Simon Manners said:
The lesson learnt was keep a greater distance between objects especially when wind is present.

I think this is what was missing from the original post. Glad to see it here.

A lot of people approach Phantoms as harmless toys. They may look the part, but from props to lipos to a 3lb brick falling out of the sky, they demand a level of respect it sometimes takes us a scare to realize and understand. Please fly safely out there.

simon you are forgiven,now convince the pup...lol.happy flying !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav