Phantom 1 and Maza M

Reaction score
Hi all nice to be here,

I bought a used Phantom in very good condition and have flown it a few times with great success.
Now I'm trying to understand exactly what I have.
I have the box and while it doesn't state what exact Phantom model it is. The label indicates a NAZA M serial number and I would like to know what version I have. There is a USB cable inside the body. Should I just open her up and take a look?

For now I have ordered new self tightening blades and blade guards for the short term. I also have ordered a larger capacity battery door Shapeway as mine is broken. I'm going to order new batteries but would like some advice in this department please.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:
One remote antenna or two? That's a clear indicator of which generation P1 you own.
Some of the older phantoms are not compatible with self-tightening props. With the Shapeways door and some modding to the frame you can fit up to a 4000 mah battery. Remember though, that this puts a LOT of extra weight on the front of the phantom. Some counterweighting might be necessary.
If you can live without the prop guards, do it. They make the Phantom fly like crap.

Single antenna is an older Phantom. Self-tightening props may or may not fit. If you're using a stock battery I see no point to the Shapeways door. In fact, it may allow the battery to slide around, altering your center of gravity and possibly negatively affecting your flight characteristics..

Single antenna is an older Phantom. Self-tightening props may or may not fit. If you're using a stock battery I see no point to the Shapeways door. In fact, it may allow the battery to slide around, altering your center of gravity and possibly negatively affecting your flight characteristics..
I didn't opt for the larger door for bigger batteries but ease the fit of OEM batteries IE cable management....there are simple ways to keep the OEM battery in its proper position and not have to JAM the leads in.

Last edited:
Cheebs no issues with the Shapeways door it performed as expected far easier install of battery and no play.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic