Phantom 1.2 Used

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I want to buy my first Phantom, already owned a few brushed toy-grade quads'.

I found a Phantom 1.2 and I'm not sure about buying it or not. I don't know much about Phantoms, i know there's a lot of revisions 1.1.1 , 1.2, 1.2.1, 2.0, etc, and I don't know if the 1.2 is a good revision.

Also, the seller is giving me 2 gimbals, a Tarot T-2D that doesn't work and a chinese one I think that he says it works. But he says there's a problem with the controller board of the gimbal ( I think) he connects some pins and after that the drone may shake when in flight. He says if he doesn't connect the gimbal there's no problem with the drone. What should I do? What may be the problem?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I found a Phantom 1.2 and I'm not sure about buying it or not. I don't know much about Phantoms, i know there's a lot of revisions 1.1.1 , 1.2, 1.2.1, 2.0, etc, and I don't know if the 1.2 is a good revision.
Also, the seller is giving me 2 gimbals, a tarot one that doesn't work and a chinese one I think that he says it works. But he says there's a problem with the controller board of the gimbal ( I think) he connects some pins and after that the drone may shake when in flight. He says if he doesn't connect the gimbal there's no problem with the drone. What should I do? What may be the problem?

it is all a function of money.
how much is it vs a used from a retailer like B&H vs new.
do you have go pro or similar to use with it? if not, no gimbal needed.

FWIW I am selling a V2 plus with 2 batteries , 2 sets props, backback case etc at 625 on CL for comparison

I don't live in the US so I can't get it cheap.
He's selling it for aprox. 240 bux.

i know there's a lot of revisions 1.1.1 , 1.2, 1.2.1, 2.0, etc
That's news to me. To the best of my knowledge DJI never put suffixes on the model numbers.
It might help if you tells us how much he wants for it. I'm not sure I would spend much on a used Phantom 1 without a working gimbal. You can find Phantom 2's for less than $500 on eBay. Amazingly, some dealers are still listing P2's for prices hovering around $2,000.

I don't live in the US so I can't get it cheap.
He's selling it for aprox. 240 bux.
Sounds high to me. Especially if you can't try before you buy.

Guys,
I'm not from the US, prices here are different.
I'd love if you could only comment about the technical aspect ( like differences in revisions, maybe a reason why the drone would shake)

maybe a reason why the drone would shake
You don't say in your profile where you are located, so I can only talk in terms of USD.

$240 USD is way too much for a used Phantom 1. I would probably offer $100 if it flies. $25 if it doesn't or if it has crashed - just for parts.
I would advise you look for a Phantom 2 with a ZenMuse H3-3D or H4-3D gimbal. If it comes with a Hero 3 or Hero 4 camera - all the better. A used P2-NV with a H3-3D gimbal and GoPro Hero 3 camera will run you in the $500-$1,500 USD. The P2 Non-Vision was probably the most customizable model that DJI made.

Please give me some advice on the technical aspect of it, not the price( that does not help me)

Also, the seller is giving me 2 gimbals, a Tarot T-2D that doesn't work and a chinese one I think that he says it works. But he says there's a problem with the controller board of the gimbal ( I think) he connects some pins and after that the drone may shake when in flight. He says if he doesn't connect the gimbal there's no problem with the drone. What should I do? What may be the problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic