Phantom 1.1 need help

Reaction score
I seen online version 1.1 , 1.2.1 and 1.1.1
I want to buy a used 1.1.1 (or maybe 2) and i seen someone selling 1.1
Is 1.1 same as 1.1.1 or maybe more like 1 also phantom with gopro mount is just phantom1?

The numbering DJI uses often defies any logic. The version history of the Phantom goes as such, oldest to newest:

1.1.1 (yes really)
P2/P2V

Then came the "FC40" (again, I'm not making this up), which is basically a 1.1.1 with an entry-level camera mounted.

I have the 1.2, which is still a viable and upgradable model, and worth it if you can find a good condition used one for, say $350 or less. I wouldn't get a 1.1 at this point, but anything newer should be fine, depending on your budget and other needs.

So Manufacturer # CP.PT.000001 and Manufacturer # CP.PT.000002 are phantom 1.
I just found out that Manufacturer # CP.PT.000011 is phantom 1.1.1

I hope that might also help someone else.

If i could buy 1.1.1 for $479 new or used phantom2 for $525, with one would be better choice?
How about phantom fc40 for $499. If that is 1.1.1 and i could have fpv for $20 (until i get someting better).

Do you know if any store offer no intrest layout?

The FC40 should be your best bet. I mean you get a 5.8GHZ receiver for future compatibility and no interference with a GoPro, and a camera. The camera is detachable and can be used solo (for ground videos), and once you upgrade to a better camera then you got this one that you could rig as a rear camera or use it for the computer or something. For the same price as a 2.4ghz Phantom 1 with zero camera.

The 5.8GHZ aspect is more than enough for me.

Don't; forget this camera is very LIGHT!

could you tell me what are the differences between phantom 1.1.1 and fc40?
so far i seen that fc is a 1.1.1
what is the difference between remote controls (i seen 2.4g and 5.8g) and how that affect controlling phantom, also is one better than other in terms of not flying away ? are both remotes wifi or rf?
is fc equiped with naza v2, dual antena, new type of controller with gimbal lever?

There is so much info there that its getting me very confused.
Difference in price between 1.1.1 and FC40 is only $20 (new) and i think they will price that camera for more than 20 even in kit.
What am i loosing if i go with FC vs 1.1.1 ?

Remote control:
FC40 has 5.8GHZ (like Phantom 2 Vision) up to 500 meters. This means that if you want wifi with a 2.4GHZ GoPro, no interference. Some speculate this may have caused many loss of control issues, however flyaways are still reported, uncertain of why, either user error, user initial procedure (startup) error, compass calibration, NAZA crashing, or other. No one knows.

FC40 from what I have read is Phantom 1.1.1, NAZA v2, dual antenna and one user reported that he tested with success in the assistant software the usage of the gimbal lever.

What are you losing? Well the included camera until you get another one, but the one included will still be good for other things. What else? I guess the certainty that the package including batteries are fairly new, I am only guessing.

If you are not looking a the Phantom 2 (either model), than the FC40 is a better buy than the P1, unless you buy it bundled in a package with cameras and mounts.

my initial idea was to buy p1.1 used ($357) as i thought it was v1.1.1 bnh also had a phantom with gopro mount for 300 used (that's what lead me to thinking that 1.1 is 1.1.1
i already bought sony hdr-as15 camera. it is way better than gopro white and about 70 less.
i seen that there are adapters for fpv that will change hdmi to av signal.
since 1.1 isn't 1.1.1 im not buying it.
now i think that i could ude FC40's camera for fpv and sony as a video camera. As of right now i dont think i will need tilt on my camera so gimbal control is not my priority.
i would like to know i could upgrade this model with iOSD and maybe ground station in suture as well as sub-machine gun and small rocket launcher.
i just like to make sure that platform is open for upgrades.
is fc40 controller wifi or rf, and with type of controller 1.1.1 have
thanks for all answers they are very helpful

If I were in your shoes and it was my money, I'd get the 1.1.1 over the FC40. The latter is a good option if you want to just take it out of the box and go, but since you're already looking at some upgrades at least, the 1.1.1 may be better for you. The included camera on the FC40 is pretty basic, and if you're just going to use it for FPV anyway there's much smaller and lighter options you can add yourself. The FC40's 5.8GHz control + 2.4GHz wifi video system is a neat turnkey solution, but they'll kind of keep you locked down to that unconventional arrangement DJI went with in the FC40 and P2V.

For example, I know you can get HDMI converters like you mentioned that you can add to a custom FPV setup on a 1.1.1, but I don't know if any of them will work with the video setup on the FC40.

going with hdmi was my option for 1.1.1 so i could use camera im going to mount on copter any way.
with fpv of FC40 i would't probably use sony camera as fpv camera.
i would like to fly fpv as soon as i get a grasp on normal flying.
what would be my inexpensive, for start, option with fpv for 1.1.1 with or without camera.
something that will get my feet wet in fpv

it is really hard decision

OI Photography what are differences that you know about between 1.1.1 and FC that you know. Why would you chose 1.1.1

one day i would like to mount dslr for stills but i don't think i will spend that much money on suitable copter

Just read other post and now i might be leaning towards 1.1.1 viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6513

Radar84 said:
Finally ordered 1.1.1
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... mount.html
Price drop is just awsome $399
1.1.1 have longer range than cf

I hope that might help someone

Glad you were able to figure out which to get, I'm sorry I missed your last question earlier about the 1.1.1 vs FC40. I think you made the right choice even without the price drop, which makes it an absolute no-brainer now :)

Once you have your new Phantom and want to get the most out of it, here's a project you might enjoy: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7017

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers