Phantom 1.1.1 ver 4.00 vrs 4.02

Reaction score
I have the above quad and it's still on ver 4.00. What is the 4.02 supposed to do to improve things. Mine has no problems at all so why should I upgrade? I see some have problems after upgrade and even other Phantom models too.

4.0 has a very bad bug with the horizontal distance limit that you can set in Assistant. I'd recommend you upgrade to 4.02 using the version 2.20 Assistant.

If you reach the edge of the ring fence, you lose aileron and elevator. You can yaw and throttle up and down, but it is stuck in space. Switching to ATTI/man doesn't help, CL/HL don't work, failsafe doesn't work. If you're over water or a tree, you decide whether you want to go up and down until your batteries run out and you lose the option of going up. If you run 4.0, it's recommended you stick the horizontal limit out to 10000m so you will never hit it (I'm actually still on 4.0 on one of my quads).

When it hits the fence, does it keep gps position in space or will it drift? Is that the only change in 4.02? Thanks for the info.

I assume with 4.02 you can still control it fully to bring it back within the set limit - right? It just won't let you go any further - like hitting a virtual wall?

Monte55 said:
When it hits the fence, does it keep gps position in space or will it drift? Is that the only change in 4.02? Thanks for the info.

I believe in GPS it holds position, in ATTI it drifts but you still don't have elevator/aileron. There are a few videos online demonstrating how it's broken.

Jebus said:
I assume with 4.02 you can still control it fully to bring it back within the set limit - right? It just won't let you go any further - like hitting a virtual wall?

That's right. 4.02 fixes it, and makes it work as you'd expect it to (better than it was originally intended to work in 4.0).

ElGuano said:
Jebus said:

That's right. 4.02 fixes it, and makes it work as you'd expect it to (better than it was originally intended to work in 4.0).

Right on. Thanks for confirming that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31