Phantom 1.1.1 ver 4.00 odd behavior

Reaction score
I haven't flown for about a week. Powered it up, got all correct lights ....only one set of long quick green flashes. Repowered quad and got both sets of long quick green flashes. Did the compass dance. All seemed well. After about 2 minutes it didnt hold gps position well. This is my yard and have flown here many times with no problems. Anyway while flying about 5 feet agl it just started drifting and it was like atti with a breeze. It did a light tumble on grass and I shut down props right away. Went over to it and started the props again and flew it to home point to change battery. Repowered with fresh battery....all lights ok. Did another compass dance. Horz part went ok but vertical part gave me constant quick red flashes. I set it on ground without disconnecting battery and flipped S1 til I got yellow again....another compass dance.....no problem now. It flew just fine ....home and course lock worked. Held gps position fine. Any ideas. The only thing I did differently on 2nd battery compass dance where I got the red flashes was hold the quad closer to my body. I had keys in my pocket but they are brass with a metal ring. Also I had a 1/4 inch magnetic chuck in my watch pocket. I don't think first and second flight problems are related. Comments

Well, I can't say for sure if it's the same thing, but it's similar. I performed the same setup and launched my FC40. It held steady in gps mode even with a breeze. After lowering it nearer to me it started to drift like it was in atti mode. It wouldn't respond to the sticks or turning off the transmitter. So while your experience was odd, these thing do occur on occasion, fortunately for you yours turned out better than mine.

hi i've been told you can get ground interference , i've had exactly the same problems in my garden, I have been told to take it to at least 20 ft and let it settle for a moment,

Connect to the assistant software and check your s1 switch. It may be going bad. Don't ask how I know this.

Sorry I couldn't answer your PM, I'm new to this forum and can't post PM's yet.
As for the compass reset, I've read (but not done it yet) that if you pass a weak magnet around in close proximity you can throw the compass out enough that it requires a reset / re-calibration.
I don't know what this does that a normal compass calibration doesn't but the article I read stated that this was done due to persistent compass errors.
Any magnet in close proximity to the compass will definitely cause problems!
I hope that helps, let us know if you get any joy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4