Phantom 1.1.1 and Futaba transmitter Problem

Reaction score
Hello

I've managed to bind a Futaba 7C to the inbuilt FASST receiver in the Phantom 1.1.1.

Currently I have the main controls working (throttle, pitch etc) and the extra controls working like this...
Futaba 'A' three position switch = Off/Course Lock/Homelock ['U' in Naza Assistant]
Futaba 'ch6' variable position control = GPS/Failsafe/Attitude/Failsafe/Attitude-manual [X2 in Naza Assistant]

Ultimately, I'd like to change the Futaba's 'ch6' to operate a gimbal and have a switch (any switch) on the Futaba control GPS/Attitude with possibly another switch to mix the GPS/Attitude mode into 'Failsafe' or 'Manual'.

Is there any way to switch around the controls in the Naza software (X2 to X1 for example) or is it possible to swap the switches including the variable knob within the 7C FASST transmitter?

I've been through the entire manual for the 7C and I'm no further forward.

Thankyou for any help you can give, I'm new to this and the brains already turning to jelly :shock:

Thank you, good set of videos those.

My problem is I should have seven channels to play with but the Phantom only seems to be seeing six of them. Even then, it's not letting me change the variable pot to the Phantom's X1 control. I'm not sure if this is possible in either the Naza software or the 7C (It's a simpler controller than the T8J).

Update.

Haven't found a solution to using VR channel 6 as a gimbal controller.

Current setup:
Futaba T7C
Acro Mode
Switch E] = Normal / Course Lock / IOC
Switch A] = GPS / Atti (modifies channel 6)
Switch B] = Atti / Manual (modifies channel 6)
Switch H] = Failsafe return to home (modifies channel 6, works regardless of any other switch position)
Switch G] = Timer
Switch D] and VR Ch6] unused - see caveat
Main controls set to -25% expo (except throttle)

Caveat: Ch6 is a PITA. Although everything works above it relies on the VR ch6 knob remaining in a far left position. Needs to be checked before each flight. Other than that, reasonably happy.

If anyone can improve on this, or can think of another line of attack, please let me know :)

Howdy. I have the same problem. I have found various guides to programming the tx for the phantom but they never cover the gimbal control by the VR knob.

I am unsure exactly how the 7C programming works- but I have been pouring over programming videos on Futaba for well over a week now and I can offer this:

When programming your radio, you need (2) 3 position switches designated for the IOC and the GPS/ATTI/Maualor Failsafe each respectively.

The variable switch (or one of them if you have several) is for your gimbal unless you want preset end points- then it can be switched.

Thee Naza X1 channel is what will drive the gimbal
The X2 is for the IOC

Your AUX channel set up should be as follows I believe (remember- I am new to this sort of flight system programming)

Channel 5- (3 position switch- your radio is subjective)
Channel 6- (Variable- for gimbal adjustment)
Channel 7- (3 position switch)

The X1 output of the Naza has a signal pin at the top, a voltage (5v) in the middle, and a ground at the bottom) A single wire from the tilt on a gimbal control board (depending on gimbal) to the top pin on the Naza X1 is the connection- turn on gimbal in Naza assistant software- tweak (which is a whole other thing) and then go.

I am not sure if this helps, or makes matters worse for you. I could tell you my aux channel assigneents, but it wouldn't help as my radio is different. The first 4 channels on a Naza are dedicated- so I only offered the last 3 as the Naza only offers 7 channels (correct me if I am wrong anyone)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20