Phalty Phantom Promptly Replaced by Red Rocket

Reaction score
My first Phantom would never hover, nor would it spin 360, in place. After endless adjustments and tests and re-tests. Same results. Called Don, at Red Rockets, and sent him my Naza screen captures, he agreed. So I sent it back for a new replacement. Put the new one together today, ran it through Naza, including the 3.12 firmware update and took it for a test spin. Awesome! All is good again. Having flown a DJI 550, and a QAV 500, I feel this is comparable in control and performance. Put the GoPro Hero 3 on with a damper and the video looks good too.
Reason I downsized from the Hexa 550 was to be able to show up and shoot some video (I'm a photographer) without freaking folks out or having them think I'm flying a killer-drone:) So with occasional requirements for air video, specially in the real estate market, I think I've reached a nice compromise. This little Phantom, looks too cute to be dangerous:)

snapdog said:
My first Phantom would never hover, nor would it spin 360, in place. After endless adjustments and tests and re-tests. Same results. Called Don, at Red Rockets, and sent him my Naza screen captures, he agreed. So I sent it back for a new replacement. Put the new one together today, ran it through Naza, including the 3.12 firmware update and took it for a test spin. Awesome! All is good again. Having flown a DJI 550, and a QAV 500, I feel this is comparable in control and performance. Put the GoPro Hero 3 on with a damper and the video looks good too.
Reason I downsized from the Hexa 550 was to be able to show up and shoot some video (I'm a photographer) without freaking folks out or having them think I'm flying a killer-drone:) So with occasional requirements for air video, specially in the real estate market, I think I've reached a nice compromise. This little Phantom, looks too cute to be dangerous:)

Glad you got things sorted by a good dealer!

Yah, the Phantom makes for a great "point and shoot" aerial camera. I just shot some great real-estate photos this past weekend, had the GoPro snapping pics and 1080 video at the same time!
and you can fit it all into a carrying case. (one of the reasons I'm hesitant to consider getting into a larger copter!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20